Question about Acer Computers & Internet
Need to install second cd driver in desktop computer
It would be much simpler to remove your current CD-ROM drive, and install a CD/DVD-reader-writer combination drive.
1. Turn the computer off, and disconnect the AC power-cord.
2. Remove the side-panels from the case.
3. Disconnect the "power" and "data" cables from the back of the CD-ROM.
4. Remove the screws holding the current CD-ROM in position.
5. Slide the CD-ROM out the "front" of the case.
6. Slide the new device into place, until the face is "flush" with the front of the case.
7. Screw the device into position.
8. Connect the data and power cables.
9. Reconnect the AC power.
Windows will "find new hardware", and will adapt itself.
Posted on Dec 10, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 06, 2011 | Dell Dimension 2400 PC Desktop
Aug 22, 2011 | Computers & Internet
May 09, 2010 | Microsoft LifeCam VX-1000 Webcam
Jan 25, 2010 | E-Machines T5048 (7136) PC Desktop
Dec 31, 2009 | Dell OptiPlex GX270 PC Desktop
Sep 14, 2009 | EliteGroup ECS PT880Pro-A (1.0A) Via...
Mar 07, 2009 | HP Pavilion a620n (PC028A) PC Desktop
Jan 23, 2009 | E-Machines eMachines T3830 PC Desktop
Jun 03, 2008 | E-Machines eMachines Refurbished EMA...
55 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: