Why is My cimbali 21 s junior is making a loud noise when turn on
The La Cimbali Junior is a 1 group professional espresso machine. Most are located in restaurants that want to serve a cup or two for customers. You will find few homes with this level of machine. Especially with the proliferation of "Mini Super-Automatics" now offered where the whole been is ground, measured, compacted, and served with exacting amount and some top off with frothed milk!
The JR has several items that will normally buzz or whine when in operation. There are also defined "Clicks" of the group valve when a shot is pulled. I will go through the list of likely components that make loud noises when about to fail.
*** The following is for information only! Call your vendor for service as there are dangerous voltages, high pressure, and scalding stem present in these types of professional machines. ***
* All JR's come with a water pump. Two types; Vibration and Rotary. The vibration makes a buzzing sound (50/60 Hz) which will get loud if there is a blockage. The rotary pump with it's accompanying large motor will also "Clack" if no water is flowing through. Stop immediately as both sounds are an indication of a straining pump. If it suddenly goes quiet then the pump is damaged or hopefully the fuse blew. Call for service.
* The group valve will usually buzz when pulling a shot. But if it's louder than normal then there is a problem with the valve (clogged) or coil (shorted). Call for service.
* If there are loud blasts of steam and a quiet period with another blast in about 10 mins. Then the boiler is over heating (runaway steam). Unplug and call for service.
* If there is constant steam blast from the top, even if it's turned off (But NOT unplugged) the element is shorted to water. Unplug immediately and call for service.
* Popping sounds are normal at start up as the metal boiler expands during initial heating. But not after 10 mins of heating. Especially if you see water/steam coming from parts of the machine you don't expect. Unplug. Call for service.
* Power/Heater contactor will buzz if coil is damaged or contacts burnt. Call for service.
* Final; I do not recommend opening the machine yourself as once you hear a loud noise it's usually too late and the damage is done.
* Parts that needs check/replacement; Vibration or rotary pump, motor, group valve, safety valve, vacuum valve, thermostat/pressure-stat, element, boiler and element gasket, contactor.
Aug 26, 2014 |
La Cimbali Junior Casa DT1 Espresso...