Question about SanDisk Sansa e200 MP3 Player
The issue you have described with your portable device in most cases can be resolved by formatting your device. Please follow these steps even if you have already attempted them once before.
Please note that this will remove all music from your device.
Formatting the device in Windows Media Player
1. Open Windows Media Player with your MP3 player connected to the computer
2. At the top of windows Media Player select the Sync tab at the top
3. The MP3 player should be recognized on the right hand side and say "Your Player Name"
4. Above the player name is a button that says "Format Storage Media" click this button to erase all the data from the player
5. Continue with the acknowledgement of erasing all data on disk.
6.Get a firmware upgrade done if you have not done so...
Posted on Jan 20, 2008
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 16, 2009 | SanDisk Sansa E280 MP3 Player
Jun 08, 2008 | SanDisk Sansa e250 MP3 Player
Mar 26, 2008 | SanDisk Sansa View 8GB MP3 Player - Black
Aug 16, 2007 | SanDisk Sansa e200 MP3 Player
66 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: