Question about Dell 948 All-In-One InkJet Printer
1. Turn the printer off and open the access cover.
2. Look for any obstructions in the paper path and remove them if necessary. (It is possible to move the carrier assembly with the power off.)
3. Turn the printer on, load some paper, and press the Form Feed button.
4. Watch the paper as it feeds through and try to determine where the jam is occurring.
5. Check to see if all the rollers are turning.
If all the rollers are turning, there may be something in the feed path that you can't see. Go to step 6.
If not, there is probably a feed motor or a gear problem and the printer may require service.
6. If the paper is jamming under the carrier assembly, you may be able to fix it using the manual feed slot.
7. Turn the printer off.
8. Take a #10 envelope and feed it through the left side of the manual feed slot until it comes right through the printer to the back of the exit rollers.
9. Move it up and down first, and then slowly move it over to the right side. If something is stuck
Posted on Dec 10, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 07, 2018 | HP Photosmart C3180 All-In-One InkJet...
If you have cleared off the paper jammed within then it is possible that errors have crept into the drivers. sometimes the printer driver software can have errors while being in use or is shut down. So to reset remove your printer from the PC and uninstall the printer software. Now reinstall the printer software and then connect the Printer to be detected as a new hardware as it will be installed. Now check the printer properties to see the ink levels.
Activate head cleaning before a test is taken . Also check the mechanical settings of the ink cartridge , if jammed or tight remove motor and manually free the drive before it is set back.
Thank you for using Fixya
Sep 03, 2011 | HP Officejet Pro 8500 Wireless All-In-One...
Jun 29, 2009 | HP OfficeJet 6110 All-In-One InkJet...
Jun 09, 2009 | Brother MFC-9420CN All-In-One Laser...
Jul 04, 2008 | HP Photosmart C3150 Printer
Apr 02, 2008 | Dell 942 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Mar 13, 2008 | Canon i455 InkJet Photo Printer
Dec 19, 2007 | Canon PIXMA MP510 All-In-One InkJet...
167 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: