1. Before manually placing the iPod into Disk Mode you should verify that it has a charge, if not you need to either charge iPod before continuing or connect it to power. You can either connect it to a high-powered USB port, or plug the iPod Power Adapter into an electrical outlet and connect iPod to the power adapter.
2. Toggle the Hold switch on and off. (Set it to Hold, then turn it off again.)
3. Press and hold the Menu and Select buttons for at least 6 seconds until the Apple logo appears.
4. When the Apple logo appears, release the Menu and Select buttons and immediately press and hold the Select and the Play/Pause buttons until the Disk Mode screen appears.
5. Disconnect iPod from the power adapter and connect it to your computer; the screen on the iPod will change and say "Do not disconnect"
If you are having difficulty putting an iPod model with a Click Wheel into Disk Mode, set the iPod on a flat surface. Make sure that the finger pressing the Select button is not touching the Click Wheel. Also make sure that you are pressing the Play/Pause button toward the outside of the Click Wheel and not near the center.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Is it still on or does it stay frozen off? If it's still on and frozen, simple hold the top button and the home button at the same time and wait until it restarts and the apple logo will appear. Then if it does this again later on when using the iPod, do the same thing and plug it into the computer and do a full restore or upgrade.
I hope this information allows you to resolve this issue. If you need further assistance, please post back with a comment to this thread. If I've managed to answer your question or solve a problem, please take just a moment to rate this post....thanks!
Press and hold the center button while holding down the menu button. This will reboot your Ipod. Check your IPod cable to see if its shorted. If might have transferred a song and crash in the middle of the transfer.
1. Toggle the Hold switch on and off. (Slide it to Hold, then turn it off again.)
2. Press and hold the Menu and Select buttons
until the Apple logo appears, about 6 to 10 seconds. You may need to
repeat this step.
If you are having difficulty resetting your iPod, set
it on a flat surface. Make sure the finger pressing the Select button
is not touching any part of the click wheel. Also make sure that you
are pressing the Menu button toward the outside of the click wheel, and
not near the center.
If the above steps did not work, try connecting
iPod to a power adapter and plug the power adapter into an electrical
outlet, or connect iPod to your computer. Make sure the computer is
turned on and isn't set to go to sleep.