Question about Apple iPod nano
The IPOD is froze up. It was in the middle of a song and quit. There is no power (the light doesn't come on).
this procedure normally works for me::
1. Before manually placing the iPod into Disk Mode you should verify
that it has a charge, if not you need to either charge iPod before
continuing or connect it to power. You can either connect it to a
high-powered USB port, or plug the iPod Power Adapter into an
electrical outlet and connect iPod to the power adapter.
2. Toggle the Hold switch on and off. (Set it to Hold, then turn it off again.)
3. Press and hold the Menu and Select buttons for at least 6 seconds
until the Apple logo appears.
4. When the Apple logo appears, release the Menu and Select buttons
and immediately press and hold the Select and the Play/Pause buttons
until the Disk Mode screen appears.
5. Disconnect iPod from the power adapter and connect it to your
computer; the screen on the iPod will change and say "Do not
If you are having difficulty putting an iPod model with a Click Wheel
into Disk Mode, set the iPod on a flat surface. Make sure that the
finger pressing the Select button is not touching the Click Wheel.
Also make sure that you are pressing the Play/Pause button toward the
outside of the Click Wheel and not near the center.
Posted on Jan 22, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 17, 2010 | Appel Apple iPod from MP3 Player
Jan 07, 2010 | Apple iPod touch
Oct 19, 2009 | Apple iPod classic MP3 Player
Sep 02, 2009 | Apple iPod MA446LL/A MP3 Player
May 15, 2008 | Apple iPod MA446LL/A MP3 Player
73 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: