Question about Dell Inspiron 1525 Notebook
First, I want to know if you sees the Dell logo after turning on the laptop? If yes then this is no boot issue.
1. Immediately run the PSA. Make sure laptop is off. Press and hold down the Fn key, while holding down Fn key press the power button at the same time just once. Once the Dell screen loaded you can now let go of the Fn key. Check if the PSA will run short test for the LCD, RAM and HDD. When full color displays on the screen just press Y. PSA will continue. Just take note of any error code will appear on the screen such as 0141, 0142 and 0146 these are HDD failure errors which means HDD needs replacement. If the test says no errors found then proceed to step 2;
2. Try restarting the laptop once you see dell logo then keep tapping F8. Select last known good configuration. Press enter key. Just wait and check if laptop will load Windows. If not then, restart laptop keep tapping F8 try to select safe mode check if it will load Windows. If not then prepare the Windows OS disc the one came with your laptop.
3. While laptop is on insert the Windows OS disc. Restart the computer. On the Dell screen keep tapping on F12 to show boot menu. In the boot menu select CD/DVD ROM Drive. Press enter then keep tapping on space bar until it will say Windows loading files, please wait.
4. In the User Interface it will show you some options to select. Once the Install screen comes up look on the lower part select Repair Your Computer. If will ask you to do Startup Repair, please do start up repair. If fails try the System Restore. If fails then step 5;
5. If you have important files in your HDD then back up your files first. After backing up of files you can now install the Windows OS. Here is the process in installing the Windows OS. Insert the Windows OS disc, restart the laptop, keep tapping F12 on Dell screen, on boot menu select CD/DVD ROM Drive.Install the Windows OS. Just complete the installation.After the installation install the laptop drivers.
Posted on Dec 10, 2009
Solution 1) Try removing all the usb devices if attached then restart it,
Solution 2) Restart the computer on dell logo press f2 to enter setup menu. change the boot sequence > 1st bootable decvie to hdd >save it and restart your computer and it will work. :)
Posted on Dec 10, 2009
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Dell Inspiron 1525 stays black
Do you have any CD’s that came with your laptop? If so, look for one that has “Diagnostics and utilities” listed under the “Contents”. You will have to boot from that CD disk. To do this, power on your laptop and tap the <F12> key to bring you to the “One time boot menu”. Insert the CD and then select CD/DVD drive and hit <Enter> key. Select the “Run the 32 Bit Dell Diagnostics”. Next select the “Express Test” and see if any errors are detected. If no errors are reported, then your operating system software is probably the culprit.
Hopes this helps.
Your responses are intended to improve the level of service provided. Please rate your experience.
Posted on Oct 22, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 01, 2014 | Dell Inspiron 1525 Laptop Midnight Blue
Jun 10, 2012 | Dell Inspiron 1525 Laptop
Jan 14, 2011 | Dell Inspiron 1525 Notebook
Nov 03, 2010 | Dell Inspiron 1525 Notebook
Apr 11, 2010 | Dell Inspiron 1525 Laptop Midnight Blue
Apr 11, 2010 | Dell Inspiron 1525 Laptop
Sep 15, 2009 | Dell Keyboard for Inspiron 1420, 1520,...
Aug 09, 2009 | Dell Inspiron 1525 Laptop Jet Black
Jul 07, 2009 | Dell Inspiron 1525 Laptop Jet Black (15.4"...
Nov 29, 2008 | Computers & Internet
3,167 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: