Does not actually start up (screen with weird lines)
It is first time I use it (well, I try to). I first plug the charger and the red light remains off. I do not understand but the phone's guidebook says it may happen in case the battery comes really off from the factory. I wait for hours and the charger light always remains off. Does not matter! I try to switch it on anyways and the phone actually starts up, but it shows a weird screen with some crooked lines that look like ray lights. And after that, nothing happens: does not ask me for the date, not the pin code, no nothing. I guess the phone is not broken as it actually starts up, but I do not understand why the charging light does not light up an neither why the phone does not start working. Could someone give a hand? Thanks!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Did the socket the charger was plugged into actually have 120vac in the socket?
Or are you sure the charger is actually working? Is there a short so that the battery is draining as fast or faster than the charger is providing a charge?
I agree that the pictographs are not very helpful. You probably have one of the new chargers. I have an old one, which is a little easier to figure out.
From top to bottom
1. The flashing green light with the electric plug indicates that the unit is plugged in and ready to go.
2. The flashing red little fan means that the battery is too warm so it is just cooling it and not charging it at that moment.
3. The solid red empty battery outline means that it is charging but hasn't got very far, less than 80% full.
4. The mostly full battery outline with both solid red and green lights at the same time means it is 80% full or more
5. The full battery outline and solid green with the musical notes means it is full up.
6. The broken battery outline with flashing red and green means you've got a broken battery.
7. The yellow light with the wrench means the charger is "conditioning" the battery, whatever that means.
8. The yellow light with the fan means "cooling abnormality."
1. Plug wall charger into
wall and then plug into blackberry
2. Take off back cover and pull the battery out (while it is plugged in
3. Wait 30 seconds. The red LED may remain on (tech said it didn't
4. Put the battery back in and wait about 5-10 seconds and it'll begin to boot
up (white screen with clock icon).
Ok...don't panic. The charger you are using is not compatible. Verizon only works with verizon blackberry's. Non verizon will not work with blackberry and vice versa. This is what will happen. you plug it in and it will boot for a few seconds and then the lightning bolt you see is the charge icon and then a red line in it means that charger is not compatable. Blackberry does make its own charger but there is a "pin" on the plug in that will tell it it is not the right one. Am I confusing you?
It sounds like your Video card and/or motherboard are starting to give out or your LCD is giving way. Try plugging the laptop into an external screen and see if it still acts strangely or even displays on the external monitor.
try to, borrow your friends batt and try, and if it's not working,, then here's what they gotta do put the cables in your fone and flash your fone with firmware and it will go back all to normal.. only prof's can do it, bring it to the center