I have a pair of sp10 and having trouble charging them and the batteries are new and when i put them in the charger i have to turn them on for the chargeing light to come on is this normal or are the...
You do not mention if you are using a wall plug charger, or a drop-in charger. We will give troubleshooting tips for both. To answer your question: If the light comes on and stays on, on the charger your charger is good. You have a radio or battery problem.
The light on the HTN8232 wall charger should come on and stay on when plugged into the radio, with the radio turned off. The fact the light comes on when the radio is turned on indicates your batteries are either no good, too low to charge, or you have a battery contact problem.
Solutions: 1) Clean your battery contacts with a pencil eraser.
2) Be certain the batteries are installed correctly.
3) Check your battery date code (three digit number on back of battery above the stop sign. First number is year, next two numbers are the week of the year. Batteries last about 2 years.)
4) Check to see your new batteries are NiCd batteries. The wall charger method is not compatible with NiMH batteries.
5) Try a charged battery from another radio and see if the charger light comes on and stays on with a different battery.
If you are using a drop-in charger, you would be using the above listed HTN8232 wall plug charger plugged into the tray. Here are some possible solutions for the drop-in charger:
1) Clean the exterior battery contacts with a pencil eraser.
2) Check to see if the wall charger will work when plugged directly into the radio.
3) If the charge capability of the radio seems compromised, take the battery out of the radio and charge it alone in the drop-in charger.
NOTE: Do not use the PTT if you are turn on the radio when plugged into the charger. This will burn out components in your radio.
The SP10 radio is known to be a repairable radio. (Generally around $69 flat rate.)
Dec 05, 2009 |
Motorola Walkie Talkie 2-Way Radio