Is it only the power head that's not working, or the central vacuum itself? Disconnect wands from hose, turn on, and hold hand over hose end to check for suction. If none, go through first set of steps below.
If the vacuum:
1. Press reset button on vacuum.
2. Check circuit breaker at the circuit box to make sure it's ON.
3. Make sure the unit is plugged in completely.
4. Use a voltage tester to check for power at the outlet.
5. Check filter. If dirty rinse it with warm water, and allow to dry thoroughly. I strongly suggest having a second filter for use during drying, then just trade off using them.
If the vacuum still doesn't turn on, consider the following:]
Broken or worn out power switch in hose handle...Switch needs replaced.
Broken wire in hose...Replace hose.
Bad connection...Needs taken to an authorized Aerus service center for check and repair.
If the power nozzle (suction at end of hose, but power nozzle doesn't work:
1. Ensure the brush has been thoroughly cleaned of any hair, string, and other items that may have wrapped around it.
2. Power nozzle motor runs, but brush doesn't turn when vacuum is on...belt needs replaced.
3. Power nozzle motor does not run...All wiring, connections, and motor need to be checked.
If you can't determine the problem with the above helps, the entire machine, including hose, wands, and power nozzle, needs to be taken to an authorized Aerus service center for complete check.
If you don't know the location of the nearest Aerus Electrolux store, go to below site, type in zip code, and click on "view dealer list". They may also be able to send someone to pick it up.
The reset button on the "sweeper" is only to start the "sweeper" motor after it has shut off due to the brush getting jammed. It doesn't effect the vacuum operation.