Question about Garmin nuvi 205W GPS Receiver
I have a garmin Nuvi 205. When I turn it on, it says no detailed map found. Then I tried to connect it to the computer. it is charging but it doesn't show up in the computer. I tried changing the USB cables, reseting it but nothing seems to work! Any ideas to fix this problem???
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
MY GARMIN NUVI 200W NOT WRONG AND SAY NODETAILED MAPS FOUND THAT SUPPORT ROUTING. THE NUVI CANNT BE USED WITHOUT THEM
Posted on Sep 22, 2008
Have you tried updating the unit at Garmin's Website?
Let me know if you need help, I can get you the right web-link if needed.
Posted on Feb 28, 2009
I am very sorry to hear that you are having problems with the unit. You
may need to switch the unit on and press and hold the centre of the
screen until the message ?No detailed maps? message disappears.
If your map detail is missing, then the map information may have been
disabled. To check to see if the mapping has been disabled, follow the
From the Where to? and View Map page, touch the Spanner icon, settings
Touch Map Info.
The unit should display the name of the map that is loaded to the unit.
The box in front of the map name should have a tick in it. If it does
not, touch the box to place a tick in it.
Then please test by searching for an address.
Posted on Apr 02, 2009
Go to your account at garmin that you created to manage your maps.
Click Manage Maps
You should see your unit and it’s unlock codes
Copy all the unlock codes for your device
Close your internet browser
Right click on your desktop
Click new, and then click a new Text Document
Click on the newly created Text Document icon from the desktop
Type your unlock codes into the document
Click File and Save as
Change the file name to gmapprom.unl (( double check this please ))
Change the “Save as type” to "All files"
Close the document
You should see the file gmapprom.unl on your desktop
Right click on the gmapprom.unl file and then click copy
Plug your Garmin device in and then click Computer/ My Computer
Click on the nüvi drive
Right click on the Garmin folder and click paste
Safely disconnect your Garmin device from the computer
this resolves the problem for you.
Posted on May 19, 2009
SOURCE: Garmin Nuvi 200 Maps Disappeared
Hope this helps!
I wanted to add maps to my 250W. I found the maps I wanted on a Torrent. However, many searches around various forums never revealed how to install these. Found the following through reading and experimentation.
1. Downoaded map image file GMAPSUPP.IMG. Download also gave me "Use code XXX when generating unlock code for maps"
2. Downloaded Garmin Unlock Generator 1.3 by JetMouse
3. Looked on my GPS to find the UnitID
4. Entered the UnitID into Garmin Unlock Generator. Ignore the GM XT device unlock code and the top Generate button.
5. Selected Map Product as Custom and entered the code given for the downloaded image file.
6. Hit the bottom create button to generate a 25 digit code.
7. Download Img2Gps and run
8. Click Load Folder to load the image file. Select the tick next to it.
9. Check the Use Unlock Key option and paste the 25 digit code in.
10. Load a blank SD card into your Garmin
11. Connect the Garmin to your PC using a USB cable. You should see two dirves in windows: one is the Garmin and the other is the "Removable Disk" SD card.
12. Create a folder called "Garmin" on the SD card
13. Select Folder/Card in Img2GPS
14. Click "Copy Maps". Select the folder /Garmin on the SD card. You may need to click copy again.
15. Upload will take a while.
16. You should now see a file GMAPSUPP.IMG on the SD card in the /Garmin directory.
17. Create a new text file called GMAPSUPP.UNL in the same directory (make sure it does not have a hidden .txt extension).
18 copy the 25 digit unlock key into this file.
19. Close the file.
20. Disconnect the Garmin.
21. On Startup it should load your original maps and the new ones.
Posted on Jun 02, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 14, 2010 | Garmin nuvi 205 GPS Receiver
Jan 30, 2010 | Garmin nuvi 205 GPS Receiver
Nov 18, 2009 | Garmin nuvi 205 GPS Receiver
Oct 24, 2009 | Garmin nuvi 205 GPS Receiver
Oct 12, 2009 | Garmin nuvi 205 GPS Receiver
Sep 29, 2009 | Garmin nuvi 205 GPS Receiver
Aug 24, 2009 | Garmin nuvi 205 GPS Receiver
Aug 03, 2009 | Garmin nuvi 205 GPS Receiver
May 15, 2009 | Garmin nuvi 205 GPS Receiver
May 10, 2009 | Garmin nuvi 205 GPS Receiver
214 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!