Question about GE JVM1440 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

My RV unit got a power surge and the microwave looks dead.

Is there and internal part of fuse that can be replaced to get the unit working. GE says the unit is dead and I need to buy a new one.


Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert who has written 50 answers of more than 400 characters.


    An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.

  • Expert
  • 95 Answers
Re: My RV unit got a power surge and the microwave looks...

Yes they have fuses, I am positive it's your fuse, take all 5 screw's off and you'll see it at the back on the right hand side were the ac cord goes in.



Posted on Jan 20, 2008

Add Your Answer

0 characters

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add


3 Points

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Loud popping noise after being plugged into 50 amp power source possible power surge unit in rv unit light still works but no power to make unit work.

What happens a lot in these RV microwaves is that a surge will damage the circuit board and sometimes also blow the low voltage transformer.

These are problems we can usually take care of for $39.95 and $54.95 respectively.

You can get more information here.

We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

May 25, 2011 | Sharp R-1850A Convection/Microwave Oven

1 Answer

My GE Spacemaker 2.0 over the counter microwave just died. No lights or anything.

Hi, It sounds like the internal fuse blew. To get to it, the case has to come off the unit and its located close to where the power cord ties in. With any and all microwaves, It is a good idea to put a surge protector on the plug to plug microwave into. Hope this helps.

Jan 18, 2011 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven

1 Answer

How do I replace the internal fuse on my Over the Range GE microwave? I opened the microwave door and and there was a quick spark after which the microwave went dead with no power. I have checked the...

I would say the lamp popped and took the fuse, so you will need to replace the lamp also.

Dead appliance, power on wall outlet.


Attempt this only if you are competent.

If your appliance has absolutely no functions at all, remove it from the mains supply, remove the case and see where the mains lead goes in to the appliance and follow the cable until you find the main fuse.
The usual cause of this fuse failure is the door switches are contaminated or sticking. Check the door switches before putting power back on to the appliance.
Hope this helps.

Jan 05, 2011 | GE Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

We had a power surge and now the microwave does not work, model number MH1160XSB-0 whirlpool, what could be the problem? We put a fuse in and it kept blowing.

Model MX6110XB. Nothing worked. LCD panel was dead. Unplugged and replugged; and everything works.

This fix described for the GE Spacemaker. They say problem result of a power surge. Apparently applies to different manufacturers; or does GE make Whirlpools?

Dec 09, 2010 | Whirlpool Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Our sylvania microwave model sr11092b received a power surge that blew the internal fuse and would not run (it also fried the power converter in my rv)\r\nReplaced power converter, replaced internal fuse...

I had the EXACT same symptoms with my Sylvania SR1109sb after a power surge.
After some digging around I thought what the heck let me try holding down the Reset button and do a power off/on cycle and what do you know it worked !!!
Just pressing the Reset did nothing until the cycle off and on.
Ron W.

Jun 11, 2010 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

I had a power surge in the house and now my GE sensor Microvawe is stone dead. Any ideas.

It is possible the main fiuse in the Microwave has blown. Sometimes this is a special ceramic fuse and costs around $30. But to get to the fuse you have to remove the outer cover of the microwave( unplug it first) It is usually located on Top left side of the unit. Once replaced it should return to service.

Please rate our help++++Thanks for using FIXYA

Oct 12, 2009 | GE JVM1630 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Power receptacle ok. All functions not working.Dead-internal fuse? jvm1790wk01

Sounds like the fuse. I recently replaced it. Remove the grill (look on top of your microwave for two screws) and you'll see the fuse to the right side of the microwave. You can get the fuse at Home Depot.

Jun 23, 2009 | GE JVM1790 1000 Watts Convection /...

1 Answer

GE Microwave - Power Cord Appears to be Dead

Most microwave ovens are equipped with an internal fuse. This is typically located where the power cord enters the cabinet. The cabinet will have to be opened to verify the fuse.

The magnetron is not directly attached to the power source, it has to be stepped up in voltage significantly, either through a transformer or inverter.

It is usually best to have professional tech check the fuse for operation. Most shops will do this for a small fee if you drop the unit off yourself.

Jul 28, 2008 | GE JE1860 Microwave Oven

1 Answer


You may have a blown internal fuse. While I would recommend that you take the unit to a qualified repair center, you can do a little troubleshooting on your own. You''ll need to unplug the unit, remove the outside cover and follow the line cord and you should find the fuse.

Replace it with the EXACT same value that was labeled on the original fuse. You'll probably be able to find a replacement fuse at any Radio Shack store or hardware store.

Replace the cover and plug the unit back in. Hopefully nothing was damaged and the unit will play again.

If the unit does not come back on, then there is a possibility that the unit's power supply has failed.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance to you.

Good luck!

- Jim

Jul 02, 2008 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven

2 Answers

Dead micro

It could be a bad in-line circit breaker fuse. Unplug the microwave and take the outside cover off. Look for the in-line circuit breaker fuse. Use a plastic fuse puller (not your hands or a metal tool as there is still voltage stored in the microwave even when it is unplugged). Look at the fuse and see if it is blown. (The metal wire running length of tube will be broken. If you have one, test with an Ohmmeter.

Jun 03, 2007 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
GE JVM1440 Microwave Oven Logo

Related Topics:

253 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top GE Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

8795 Answers


Level 2 Expert

224 Answers

D. E. Hev

Level 3 Expert

1059 Answers

Are you a GE Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides