Question about Creative Labs ZEN Vision:M Digital Media Player
I hit reload on my recovery mode screen and now my computer cannot read my zen vision m. it only reads a 50mb drive. i cannot reload the latest firmware because my computer will not recognize my player. help please!!!
I had the Exact same problem and no one had a good solution, i only found one that finally worked after spending 4 freakin hours tryin to fix it. anyway here is the solution.
you need to use a computer that has Windows XP, then if the computer is running any version of Windows media player other than 10, roll back or upgrade to Media player 10. restart the computer.
Now, you need to download and run http://www.delldjsite.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=462 honestly i have no idea what it does. my guess is it reinstalles the USB ports but thats only a guess. but i was so frusterated by the time i found this solution that i was willing to try anything. so download this file, unpack it and run it. then it will ask you to restart. when your computer is restarted run the new firmware file ( i used 184.108.40.206) and it works.
Why? i have no idea, but it i was pumped. the origional site i got this solution from is http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18864
Posted on Oct 15, 2008
To Reload Firmware:
WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER 11 IS THE PROBLEM!!!!!!!
You have to use a computer that has XP and does not have Windows Media Player 11 installed. (Trying on a Vista computer is useless, as Vista has WMP11 as the standard player and cannot be uninstalled. Another **** thing to add to the list of Vista..Bill Gates software sucks!!)
Get on a computer with XP and uninstall WMP11 if it is intalled....
1. Open Control Panel / Add and Remove Programs
2. Check the box "Show Updates"
3. Find the WMP11 update and uninstall it.
Now thats done, download the firmware for the Vision M: 30GB from www.creative.com/support
1. Choose "MP3 Players"
2. Scroll to the end of the page and choose the link "If your product is not listed..."
3. Choose "Zen" from the first box, then select the "Vision M: 30GB" from the 2nd box
4. Click on Next
5. Now select "Download" under the Firmware Heading and save it to your computer (Saving on the Desktop is best)
1. Plug in your Vision M:30GB after the firmware is downloaded.
2. Close the Autoplay feature for the Vision M:30GB if it opens.
3. Open the Downloaded Firmware file from your desktop.
4. The "Upgrade" button on the update firmware program SHOULD be available. (It was for me)
5. Click on the Upgrade button.
6. The Vision M:30GB should display "Upgrading firmware" in the Recovery screen of the player as well as on the program.
7. After the Firmware is loaded the player you should get a message "Update Successful" and the player should reboot and rebuild before showing the menu screen....
.......and the firmware is installed!
(Note: I got a message of "Upgrade Failed" the first time I tried to reload but it did load the second time I tried)
Posted on Sep 21, 2008
50% of the time, when the Upgrade button is grayed out, it means you have a hardware problem. If you have not yet tried the Format option, do so now. Then reboot your player and your computer, and connect again via USB cable. If it is STILL not recognized, then you have a hardware problem with your Zen.
Click here for more detailed trouble-shooting tips.
Posted on Sep 23, 2008
You have to delette your usb ports in your computer and then reboot and let them reinstall, make sure you have media player 11
Posted on Jan 19, 2008
Help i have same problem of may creative zen vision M... it always in recovery mode.. how to reload the os or firmware.?? i downloaded the firmware in site.. it always not connected when i click the set up of firmware.. help me... email me at email@example.com thanks!
Posted on Feb 20, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 15, 2008 | Creative Labs ZEN Vision:M Digital Media...
Jul 09, 2008 | Creative Labs ZEN Vision:M Digital Media...
Jun 28, 2008 | Creative Labs Zen Vision Digital Media...
Mar 10, 2008 | Creative Labs ZEN Vision:M Digital Media...
Feb 20, 2008 | Creative Labs ZEN Vision:M Digital Media...
Feb 17, 2008 | Creative Labs ZEN Vision:M Digital Media...
Jan 29, 2008 | Creative Labs ZEN Vision:M Digital Media...
6,372 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Level 1 Expert
Level 3 Expert
Level 3 Expert
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: