Question about Canon PIXMA iP6700D InkJet Photo Printer
I am having difficulty learning how to do duplex printing on the Canon Pixma iP6700D.
SOURCE: canon pixma mp210
actually I have a MP220 but I guess it won't change very much. I spent some 5 hours in downloading all possible drivers and in trying installation several times without my computer being able to recognize the machine. Even without installing the drivers try to plug in your printer. IF WINDOWS XP TELLS YOU THAT NEW HARDWARE IS UNKNOWN THEN LOOK NO FURTHER: CHANCES ARE THAT YOUR USB CABLE IS NOT GOOD. In my case i bought it brand new from a shop and I realized it was USB 1.xx instead of 2.xx. I was skeptical but I substituted it and the problem was solved.
Posted on Jun 03, 2008
To be able to print using tab paper from the driver
Since the tab paper can only be fed from Stack Bypass, single reverse tab paper cannot be
used. The tab paper must be single forward.
1. Go to the printer and put some tab paper in Stack Bypass
2. Press Letter on C3200 LCD panel and press Next
3. Select Tab paper and press Done
4. Go to Windows Start menu and choose Settings
5. Open Printers folder
6. Select Canon iR C3200 PS3’s Properties
7. Click on Device Settings tab
8. Click on Form to Tray Assignment button
9. Making sure that Stack Bypass is highlighted and Paper Size is Letter, select
Tab Paper by scrolling down the Paper Type list
In order to print to Tab paper, it is necessary to select Tab Paper in the Form to Tray
Assignment dialog box before using this option. Otherwise, the option of printing to Tab paper
is not available from the print driver.
10. Click OK to close Form to Tray Assignment
11. Click OK to close Properties window
12. Open Word document called “tabs.doc”
13. Go to File menu and select “Print…”, and change the current printer to Canon
iR C3200 PS3.
14. Click on Properties
15. Click on Paper Source tab.
16. Select Paper Type option
17. Choose Tab Paper from Paper Type list. As soon as you select “Tab Paper”,
Conflict Information dialog will appear. Click on OK.
In order to change the tab position, click on Tab Position button. Clicking this button opens a
dialog box for specifying the width for shifting the image data to be printed on the tab part of
The conflict information displayed pertains to the finishing of the document. Tab paper must
be grouped, not collated. Since the default value for finishing is Collate, the driver
automatically adjusted the finishing option to resolve the conflict.
18. Click on OK to close the Properties window.
19. Click on OK to print the tab paper.
20. Go retrieve your output.
Please note that this procedure for printing on tab paper is not the same for all drivers. CCD
drivers would be similar to this procedure, but depending on the OS Platform, exact buttons
and steps would vary. However, from such drivers as imagePASS-C1 PS and Macintosh drivers
would work completely different from this procedure. Although we will not cover each
procedure step by step, we encourage you to take time to make yourself familiar with the
Posted on Mar 15, 2009
You will need a shop to dismantle the printer, the ink is being forced up onto the exit rollers from below. It needs a good cleaning plus a mylar shield installed to keep that from happening again.
Posted on Dec 18, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 28, 2011 | Canon PIXMA iP6700D InkJet Photo Printer
May 16, 2011 | Canon PIXMA iP6700D InkJet Photo Printer
Oct 26, 2010 | Canon PIXMA iP6700D InkJet Photo Printer
Nov 04, 2009 | Canon PIXMA iP6700D InkJet Photo Printer
Jan 04, 2009 | Canon PIXMA iP6700D InkJet Photo Printer
Feb 23, 2008 | Canon PIXMA iP4200 InkJet Photo Printer
44 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: