Hi I put another sim card in my phone for a friend ! (never again lol) It would not read the sim so i put my sim back in and it turned off and wont turn on i have put it on charge and it shows battery charging but it still will not turn ON !!!!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Turn off the phone and pull the battery out. Put a small amount of alcohol on a cotton swab and gently try to clean the sim connectors. Put again your sim card e turn on your phone. After that, if the phone doesn't recognize the card, try with another simcard if possible.
PUK stands for Personal Unblocking Key. This is a unique eight-digit code specific to your SIM card. This is required when the PIN number to unlock your mobile phone is entered incorrectly 3 times. You are then given 10 attempts to enter your PUK code. If an incorrect PUK code is entered after the 10th attempt, you will block your SIM card permanently and will require a new SIM card from your mobile phone provider. PUK codes can be obtained through the following ways - The PUK code is in your SIM card documentation Starter Pack. If you do not have this then - Please contact your phone service provider. Your cell phone service provider can give you the PUK code once you give them your account details and they have confirmed your identity. For details to obtain the PUK code for the SIM card, please click on this link and follow my instructions. http://www.fixya.com/support/r5705889-puk_code
1. Ensure sim card is inserted the correct way (sounds asinine, but it happens more than you'd think)
2. Check contacts for build-up. A quick lick on your finger (not too much!) and rubbing of the exposed gold panels on the sim card should clean them sufficiently. Then toss the finger on the contacts on the phone.
3. Still not reading the SIM? If you have a friend on the same network as you, try putting his SIM card in and see if it reads it and turns on. This will pinpoint if it is a defect in the phone or your SIM card. If it still doesn't read your friend's card, I'm afraid your phone needs professional TLC. If it reads your friend's SIM card, return your SIM to your service provider (just walk into their store) and they will chop you up a new one right there on the spot.
Hope this helps!
If you encounter situation like below on your phone,
1. Blank screen phone unable to reboot.
2. Phone only able to boot-up to "Nokia" word screen.
3. Install some program but not able to uninstall it after that.
4. Error messages such as "Child Installer" keeps popping-up.
Do a Full phone formatting on your phone! as steps below,
1. Make sure you have at least 3/4 charge of battery power left.
2. Backup your contacts list and personal files to MMC memory card.
3. Switch-off your phone.
4. Press and hold 3 keys;
Green dial key, * (star key) & no. 3 key and then press the power on/off to swtich on the phone.
Remember, do not let go all of the keys and hold keys until you see a formatting word screen show!