Question about Daewoo KOG-867T Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Daewoo cog 370a

The light is out in this microwave.
I took off the panel off on the inside right wall. Can't find anything in there.

I turned it upside down and unplugged it. There was a screw in the bottom where there is a grill. I unscrewed it and pushed on the plastic tab in the grill. I thought it would open. I didn't.

Now the screw won't go back in because whatever it screwed into is not there. and of course, the plastic tab won't come out.

My question is what did I do by taking out the screw and pushing in the tab. Is it safe to use?

I guess I'll just forget about replacing the light unless you have any suggestions.


Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that gotĀ 5 achievements.


    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 20 times.


    An expert who has written 20 answers of more than 400 characters.

  • Expert
  • 67 Answers
Re: daewoo cog 370a

I don't know the Daewoo. The cover you removed inside would only expose the mouth of the magnetron (where the microwave radiation enters the oven). Generally, the light is accessed after removing the outer cover of the oven. It is usually held on by a number of screws around the sides and back, maybe even under.
Disconnect the oven from power, remove all the screws, manoeuvre the cover off. There MAY be a wire connected to the cover, it will be green/ yellow, disconnect this by pulling on the cover end (usually).
Now look around. The bulb may be obvious, if not, look for a device with 2 terminals on it, or 2 wired entering it, the bulb can usually be withdrawn by pulling gently. You may have to disconnect the wires to remove it completely.
If the bulb has a screw or bayonet base, you can probably get a replacement from a hardware store, an electrical store or an electrical wholsaler. If the bulb has an unusual base, you will need to obtain a replacement from the manufacturer or an appliance repair place. Ensure the voltage and wattage marked on your replacement is identical to the old one.
While in the oven, look for the plastic "thing" you pushed out. It is probably an insert to take the screw. Replace it in its fitting hole if possible, if not, don't worry, it should get by fine without it! Just don't replace that screw.
There is a small possibility the outer cover will vibrate and make noise because of the missing screw.
Don't forget to replace the wire to the cover, if you took one off it!

Posted on Jan 19, 2008

Add Your Answer

0 characters

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add


3 Points

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Why does our new microwave not work? Can set the time and it counts down when we have pressed start but does nothing else.

There is a big fuse inside that thing. Check to see that it is not open. Could be that the magnetron, lite, and dish are all on the same circuit.

Sep 21, 2015 | Daewoo KOR6N9RR Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Microwave gets really hot on inside, especially the right wall, but the food will not get hot at all

it seems that the right wall inside of the microwave is absorbing most of the microwave energy. If the panels are replaceable then you might want to consider having them replaced but it probably wouldn't be worth it. Maybe buying a new microwave will save you a lot of expense and grief.

Good luck

Dec 25, 2013 | GE XL1800 1100 Watts Microwave Oven

1 Answer


my Daewoo microwave over heats on the right hand side of the external casein wen in use model number is kor6n9rr is there any thing majorly wrong please get bk to me on my email which is bridgetyork

Jul 04, 2013 | Daewoo KOR6N9RR Microwave Oven

1 Answer

My microwave is not not heating anything. it is getting on moving but not heating anything.

it sounds like your mag inside is gone,the replacement isn't worth it,replace microwave, in cost,like $40.00 now for new one

Feb 06, 2010 | Daewoo KOR-63DB Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Microwave sparking inside when I try to cook something ! anything ! what should I do ?

microwave ovens tend to spark if anything inside it is metal. that includes the metal design that is often painted on the edging of plates. make sure you have nothing metallic in the microwave.

please take a moment to rate this solution thanks


Oct 29, 2009 | Daewoo Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Arcing while cooking.

Make sure the inside of the oven is clean and the waveguide cover on the right wall of the oven is especially clean and not damaged. Don't ever run the oven without food in it. If the waveguide cover is damaged it will arc no what but you can probably get a replacement for a few bucks. The magnetron may already be so damaged that it'll never work right again.

Oct 19, 2009 | Daewoo KOC-925T Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Daewoo microwave kor-1b4h

the only way on these is to take the case off
and never go inside with it plugged in!

Nov 02, 2008 | Daewoo KOR-1B4H Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Light bulb changing

That mica panel is the waveguide cover, and what you're feeling in there is the magnetron antenna.

If there's no other removable cover inside the cooking cavity, (and the owner's manual doesn't address it) some disassembly may be required.

Always unplug a microwave before removing or installing any bulbs.

If it's an over the range type, remove the vent grille across the top and see if bulbs can be accessed there. There may be a panel on the bottom covering the light(s), instead.

If not, chances are you'll have to remove it from the wall, then remove the outer cover. If so, the installation instructions are very handy, and it's best to have two people since the microwave can be heavy and awkward.

Once it's out of the wall, the outer cover (wrapper) will need to be removed, just as you'll need to do on a counter top model.

The screws you need to remove should be pretty obvious, and a special driver (such as a T20H Torx type or GTXH20-100) may be needed.

Be sure to put all the screws back in the right holes, since some may be special grounding screws.

Bulbs can be had in most grocery stores, hardware stores, home improvement centers, and big box or department stores.

Many models use halogen lamps. You must not touch the new one with your bare skin, as the oils will shorten the bulb life.

We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

Aug 13, 2008 | Daewoo KOC-925T Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
Daewoo KOG-867T Microwave Oven Logo

137 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Daewoo Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

8795 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17129 Answers

Cindy Wells

Level 3 Expert

4721 Answers

Are you a Daewoo Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides