Question about Microwave Ovens
Peace! hope you can give me some advice... im thinking of opening my microwave up the problem is... The Microwaves lights come on and countdown timer starts all fine but the plate does not turn and there is no sound of anything working and nothing is heating. whats going on?
hope you can help. thanks Tikka
This microwave probably has a serious electrical problem...a defective magnetron or rectifier. It should probably be checked by someone who is familiar with electrical repairs...there can be high voltage inside and a danger of electric shock, even when the oven is off.
Posted on Jan 18, 2008
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 13, 2017 | Amana Microwave Ovens
Sep 03, 2014 | Microwave Ovens
Make sure that the program controller is working if not check
power - step down supply, the pads are responding- if not faulty pads- or the
door switches, if the switch contact are not good then it will not trigger the
processor to switch on the waveguides. If the lights or fan work without any
display or action of program being triggered to start then it can be a possible
fault on the main board or the processor. Sometimes insect secretion can short
the board and display panel and so the processor can work in such an erratic
manner. If so clean, solder and reset the board. Now identify the parts by
clicking this link: http://www.espares.co.uk/advice/microwave/a/5/141/identifying-microwave-parts.html
If there is no heating
please do not switch on unless you have confirmed the fault. It is possible
that the Magnetron is faulty, the temperature cut off is faulty or the main
capacitor is short. It is also quite possible that insect can get into the oven
and create soft spots. When you switch on these will create a short and make
the voltage jump and in the long run damage the magnetron. Check this link to
know how a microwave works:
Jan 21, 2013 | Sunbeam SGG5702 - 0.7CF Microwave Oven
Nov 30, 2012 | General Electric PEB1590DMBB: Profile 1.5...
Jan 31, 2010 | Sharp R-120D Microwave Oven
Sep 10, 2009 | General Electric Microwave Oven
Nov 06, 2008 | Microwave Ovens
Jan 05, 2008 | Emerson MW8102SS 1100 Watts Microwave Oven
Mar 20, 2007 | GE XL1800 1100 Watts Microwave Oven
107 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!