Question about Xerox Phaser 8400DP Thermal Printer
The above error code will not allow me to use the printer, this is the first problem like this we have had with the machine. I have googled, read the Xerox web site and nowhere can find what the code means.
That is caused by the print head not pivoting from home to print position.
Here are the probabilities.
1. The staineless steel pivot block, that the print drive shaft goes through has had some, most likely yellow ink seeping into it and had made it slow to move back and forth. That is the most likely issue.
2.The machine was unplugged or there was a power failure and the print head wiper blade has tacked to the print head.
3. The cables to the print head are hanging up not allowing free movement of the print head.
4. The Media path motor geat chain is out of timing. That is unlikely, but a possible cause.
The easiest way to prevent that code is to make sure the printer is level front to back and side to side.
Also, the print head is possibly bad.print head, but unlikely.
Posted on Jan 18, 2008
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: xerox workcentre C2424 printer
That means your print head is not tilting back and forth properly. Or moving side to side.
The 2 most likely causes are this. 1. If you remove the side covers, behind the left cover, ( left looking from the front of the machine) about half way back, near the bottom of the machine you will see a stainless steel block, about 1 inch square. Check that for the presence of ink that has leaked into it. normally its yellow. You will have to remove that block and clean it and the shaft that runs through it thoroughly.
2. The print head wiper, That is located between the print head and the drum. You would have to remove the scanner and the ink loader to access that area. But if a machine is not turned off correctly, unplugged or you had a power failure, it may be stuck to the print head. Which you would just have to take care and dislodge it from the print head then run a couple of cleaning cycles, or power on and off a couple of times.
3. You could have a bad wipre blade clutch but thats less likely. If there is alot of ink in the block, clean all around that area, and then, be 100 percent certain the machine is LEVEL. To check. put a level on the platen glass. check for level front to back and side to side, If it isnt level, shim it until it is level. And dont move, I mean relocate the machine when its hot.
Posted on Oct 31, 2008
SOURCE: xerox phaser 8560 DX error
This fault occurs due to the printhead being stuck in the tilted position.
There are many reasons why this fault will occur, too many to mention.
More often than not, your problem will require the printhead and process gear to be re-aligned in order to get a reboot but sometimes it is possible to get a reboot by doing the following;
Turn the printer off, wait ten seconds then turn it back on again. Wait for the printer to start warming up to about 5 or 10 percent. At this point, switch the machine off again by the machine switch NOT your wall/plug switch. Wait ten seconds and switch on again. Now let it run through its normal cycle. The success rate for this method is small, possibly only 1 in 30 machines will recover.
The reason this will sometimes work is that, when you turn the machine off from the warm up, it powers down using its proper head parking routine, you will notice, it takes a while to shut down. If the original fault was due to say a power cut or someone pulling the plug out it is possible for the printer to find its home position and boot ok.
Unfortunately, a lot of the time, the reason for the fault is printer related and such, this method does not work. But it is always worth a try.
Hope this helps.
Posted on Jan 19, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 14, 2015 | Xerox Office Equipment & Supplies
Sep 15, 2013 | Zebra ZXP Series 8 Thermal Card Printer
Jan 09, 2011 | Kodak ESP 5 Printer
Nov 16, 2010 | HP DeskJet F380 All-In-One Printer
Oct 27, 2010 | HP DeskJet F380 All-In-One Printer
May 08, 2010 | OKI C9600hdn Laser Printer
Apr 15, 2010 | Canon imageCLASS MF4150 All-In-One Laser...
Dec 07, 2009 | HP PSC 2355 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jun 11, 2017 | Xerox Phaser 8400DP Thermal Printer
883 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!