Question about Vtech 9009111 Cordless Phone
All 3 handsets say "searching...." When I remove any one of them from the cradle the dispaly reads "place in charger." All handsets are basically dead.
I found a solution that fixed this problem (at least for me). On the vtech site they said to unplug the base unit for at least 5 minutes. Previously, I had only unplugged the base unit for a few seconds. This time, I left it unplugged for about 10 minutes or so and when I plugged it back in, everything was working fine. Apparently there is some sort of capacitor that must discharge long enough to completely remove power from the circuitry.
Good luck and I hope this works for you!
Posted on Apr 18, 2008
Register the handset(s) to the base by following the instructions in
the user's manual under the "Registration and Operation" section.
If you have already registered the handsets, follow the below instructions to de-register. Once complete with the de-registration process, following the instructions in the user's manual to register the handset(s) under the "Registration and Operation" section.
Note: There are two different versions of this unit; please follow the appropriate set of instructions for your version/unit.
If you have a tone/pulse switch on the bottom of base, follow the VERSION 1 instructions: VERSION 1: DE-REGISTER ALL HANDSET(S) (with tone/pulse switch on bottom of base):
1. Unplug power from the base and remove spare battery pack.
2. Hold down [PAGE] while reconnecting power. When the POWER light begins to blink, release the [PAGE] key.
3. Hold down [PAGE] key for 5 seconds. When the LINE IN USE light begins to flash, release the [PAGE] key.
4. The HANDSET CHARGING light will blink 5 times. Within 5 seconds from when it stops blinking, press [PAGE] once.
If you do not have a tone/pulse switch on the bottom of the base, follow the VERSION 2 instructions:
VERSION 2: DE-REGISTER ALL HANDSET(S) (without tone/pulse switch on bottom of base):
1. Unplug power from the Base. Remove spare battery pack.
2. Hold down [PAGE] while reconnecting power. When the base display reads 'Pr', release [PAGE].
3. Press [MENU]. The display will read 'rh'.
4. Press [SELECT] to choose h1, h2, h3, h4 or AL (all).
5. Press [TIME/SET] to confirm.
6. Unplug power from the base, then reconnect power to complete de-registration.
REMINDER: After de-registering the handset(s), follow the instructions in the user's manual under the "Registration and Operation" section to register the handset(s) again.
Posted on Aug 24, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 14, 2016 | Phones
Jan 21, 2016 | VTech Communications CS6114 - cordless...
Jul 14, 2014 | Vtech Phones
Apr 30, 2010 | Vtech Digital Cordless Telephone VT-2568
Mar 18, 2010 | Vtech Phones
Nov 22, 2008 | Vtech VT2600 Additional Handsetfor...
May 16, 2008 | Vtech IA 5845 Dual Handset Cordless Phone...
Nov 06, 2007 | Vtech IP8100-2 Twin Cordless Phone
May 27, 2007 | GE 26938GE1 Cordless Phone
2,958 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: