Question about Microwave Ovens
Kenmore microwave Model #721 89941490
The part number for a new handle is 820941 and costs approx. $19. If you already have the part and are wanting to install it follow these steps:
You can either do this with the door in place, or remove it. To remove it, you open the door all the way and push up at the hinges. The door should lift off the hinge pins.
1. On the back side of the door (the side that faces the interior of the oven) is a plastic facing around the perimeter of the glass.
2. There should be a series of slots or grooves around the facing that you can place a small screwdriver in.
3. Carefully (I cannot emphasize this enough) lift around the facing until it comes loose. You may not have to remove it all the way around the door. Sometimes you can gain enough access by lifting on the side where the door handle it mounted.
4. Under the door facing are the mounting bolts (or screws). Remove broken handle and install new handle.
5. Reinstall components in the reverse order as stated before.
If you are waiting to order the part for your oven, you can get it at repairclinic.com. The part will be shipped directly do you for a nominal shipping fee.
This should be a fairly simple repair that only takes about 10-15 minutes.
Again, be careful with the door. If you break it, a replacement door costs over $200! Good luck and let me know if I can help further.
Posted on Jan 18, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 26, 2010 | Kenmore 63662 / 63664 / 63669 Microwave...
Oct 14, 2008 | Kenmore Microwave Ovens
Feb 18, 2010 | Kenmore 62622 Microwave Oven
Aug 03, 2009 | Kenmore 62702 Microwave Oven
May 14, 2009 | Kenmore 62702 Microwave Oven
May 10, 2009 | Kenmore 62622 Microwave Oven
Mar 27, 2009 | Kenmore 62643 Microwave Oven
Mar 21, 2009 | Kenmore Microwave Ovens
Feb 27, 2008 | Kenmore 62702 Microwave Oven
Sep 27, 2007 | KitchenAid KHMS155LSS 1000 Watts Microwave...
325 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: