I bought these x 240 speakers used. do i need a driver to run them? where do i connect the plugs, black and green?
These are "decent" quality 5.1 speakers, new were on about $100.00 to $150.00, have two years warranty from time of purchase.
Now, to your question, you will not have 5.1 "surround sound" effect with standard sound card, standard sound card will provide only three speakers sound, rear speakers will not connect.
Connect speakers as follows:
1. Audio from PC, orange, green and black connecting to front right speaker.
2. DB15 (D-SUB) connecting to subwoofer, subwoofer is serving as mixer, power board, amplifier and connection box
3. White plug is connecting to front left speaker
4. Red is connecting to front centre speaker
5. Black is connecting right rear speaker
6. Yellow is connecting left rar speaker.
Establish location of the speakers, from experience in ideal world:
1. Sub should be on about your knee level or below,
2. Front centre speaker should be about twice your hight distance from you, on front and slightly above your head.
3. Front left and right speakers should be at about 45degree from your axis, at distance of about 1.5 your hight and on the level of your head or slightly below.
4. Rear left and right speakers should be located similiary to front speakers, on they level or slightly above them, again, about 45degree from your axis.
Location of the speakers is more actually important than it is assumed, total sound immersion is not possible without proper speakers installation. Head in these instruction meant a location of your head while you are listening to your music or recording not whil eyou are standing.
In reality... hang them higher than your head in four corners of your room, front centre higher than sides, woofer lower than sides and below front centre, if they interfere with each other - increase the distance. I hate reality...
After speakers are connected:
1. Plug power cord in,
2. Turn all sounds totally down, including subwoofer
3. Increase sound on PC to maximum, let play any known to you music, tufftuff or bach, whatever, do not bother with metallica as you cannot discredit on it correct levels.
4. Increase subwoofer volume, holding one hand on the front of the grill till you get some vibration from it
5. Increase sound on centre button of the right fron speaker till you achieve equality of the sound
6. Decrease sound volume on your PC to about 60% - 70%
7. Increse subwoofer volume till you feel sound on your hand in front of the speaker.
8. Increase sound volume on front/rear speakers as required.
Hope that short intro solved all your speaker problems, enjoy! if you require any additional help, do not hesitate to answer to this post with request.
Aug 06, 2010 |
Logitech X-530 Computer Speakers