- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I have research and found the following solutions,I haven't tried them for my self yet but they seem to be solving the problem.
Go to menu/settings/application settings/message/email/email account/create account and follow the instructions below
Account Name: (your Gmail id)
SMPT Server: smpt.gmail.com
SMPT Port: 465
Incoming Server Type:POP3
POP3 server: pop.gmail.com
POP3 port: 995
APOP login: no
Secure connection: SSL
Download limit: 500
IMAP4 incoming email: disable
Retrieving option: subject only
Keep on server: yes
My email address: (your Gmail id)
Username: (your mail id)
POP before SMPT: no
SMPT path: yes
Same as POP3/IMAP4: yes
User name: disabled
you want to set up your other accounts such as yahoo and hotmail, then
just change the things given below, and leave the rest as it
Server settings for hotmail:
Server (SMPT) - smpt.live.com
SMPT Port - 25
Secure connection: SSL
POP3 server: - pop3.live.com
POP3 Port - 995
Server settings for yahoo:
Server (SMPT) - smpt.mail.yahoo.com
SMPT Port - 25
Secure Connection - SSL
POP3 server - pop.mail.yahoo.com
POP3 port - 110
Have a great day!
http://www.pdxcellservices.com free phones with contract plans and upgrades
Account Name: Whatever you choose SMTP Server: smtp.live.com
Secure Connection: TLS
Incoming Server Type:
POP3 Server: pop3.live.com
POP3 port: 995
login: not ticked (you can apply it)
Secure connection: SSL
limit: 500 (you can change it) IMAP4 Incoming Mail : this is
greyed out and set as new Retrieving option: Subject only (you
can change it) Keep on server: ticked (you can change it) My
email address: your email account Username: your complete email
address Password: your email account password POP before
SMTP: NOT ticked SMTP authentication: TICKED Same as
POP3/IMAP4: ticked User name: this is greyed out and blank Password:
this is greyed out and blank
Check the security settings of your mail server to ensure you're not being blocked.
Here are some 'standard' settings that may work with your system.
Gmail Incoming Outgoing Access Type Web & POP3 Web & POP3 Email Address Format email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
Account Username Format Full email address Full email address Server Address pop.gmail.com Use SSL: yes Port:995 smtp.gmail.com Use SSL: yes Port:465 Hotmail Incoming Outgoing Access Type Web & POP3 Web & POP3 Email Address Format email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
Account Username Format Full email address Full email address Server Address pop3.live.com smtp.live.com ic24 Incoming Outgoing Access Type Web & POP3 Web & POP3 Email Address Format email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
Account Username Format Full email address Full email address Server Address mail.totalise.co.uk smtp.tiscali.co.uk UKGateway Incoming Outgoing Access Type Web & POP3 Web & POP3 Email Address Format email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
Account Username Format Full email address Full email address Server Address pop.ukgateway.net smtp.ukgateway.net UK Online Incoming Outgoing Access Type Web & POP3 Web & POP3 Email Address Format email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
Account Username Format Username@ukonline.co.uk Username@ukonline.co.uk Server Address pop3.ukonline.co.uk smtp.ukonline.co.uk Vippowerent Incoming Outgoing Access Type Web & POP3 Web & POP3 Email Address Format email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
Account Username Format Full email address Full email address Server Address pop.vppn.com Virgin.net Incoming Outgoing Access Type Web & POP3 Web & POP3 Email Address Format email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
Account Username Format Username Username Server Address mail.virgin.net mail.virgin.net Wanadoo Incoming Outgoing Access Type Web & POP3 Web & POP3 Email Address Format username@ name.wanadoo.co.uk username@ name.wanadoo.co.uk
Account Username Format name.wanadoo.co.uk name.wanadoo.co.uk Server Address pop.wanadoo.co.uk smtp.wanadooasdl.co.uk World Online Incoming Outgoing Access Type Web & POP3 Web & POP3 Email Address Format username@ worldonline.co.uk username@ worldonline.co.uk
Account Username Format Full email address Full email address Server Address pop. tiscali.co.uk smtp. tiscali.co.uk Yahoo.co.uk Incoming Outgoing Access Type Web & POP3 Web & POP3 Email Address Format email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
Account Username Format Username Username Server Address pop.mail.yahoo.co.uk smtp.mail.yahoo.co.uk Yahoo.com Incoming Outgoing Access Type Web & POP3 Web & POP3 Email Address Format email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
Account Username Format Username Username Server Address pop.mail.yahoo.com smtp.mail.yahoo.com
Settings - E-mail
You'll need to complete all steps for this to work. Make sure that if you have to enter O2 in the settings you use the letter O and not a zero.
The following settings are if you use O2 Email as your ISP (Internet Service Provider).
If you require different settings eg Yahoo, Gmail etc please click here
1. Tap the Application tab on the bottom of the screen 2. Tap Email 3. Tap Next on the Welcome to Email setup screen 4. Tap on the Email address text box and enter your Email address then tap Done 5. Tap on the Password text box and enter your Password for your Email account then tap Done 6. Tap Next 7. Your phone will now try and download your setting to your phone and set up your account, if this can not be done you will see the message, Setup could not finish. Unable to open connection to server. Tap Edit details to continue. 8. Tap Manual setup 9. Tap the Username text box and enter your full Email address then tap Done 10. Tap POP3 account 11. Highlight POP3 server and tap the text box and enter mail.o2.co.uk 12. Check that Port is default set at 110 13. Highlight Next and tap 14. The phone will now check your settings 15. Tap the SMTP server text box and enter smtp.o2.co.uk 16. Highlight Next and tap 17. The phone will now check your settings 18. Tap Next on the Account options screen 19. You now have the options to add a name for your new account plus add your name to outgoing messages 20. Tap Done
Step to setup an email account on Samsung wave: 1. Press Menu 2. Select My Accounts 3. Choose the type of email account you want to
configure . For Gmail, select "Google " 4. Enter your e - mail address and password and
click " Next " 5. A new window pops up. Select apply without
making any changes.
You will need to configure your
Gmail for IMAP or POP pushing first before authorization is given to your Wave
to accept the pushed mail.
Login to Gmail -> Setting (top right hand corner) -> Forwarding and
POP/IMAP -> Check Enable POP for all mail arriving from now on and check
You are done with configuring GMail side.
Now, add your google mail account under "My Account".
Enter your email (username will be filled up automatically), then your
Next, when you hit the next screen, DO NOT CONFIGURE ANYTHING. Simply
Make sure u have POP and SMTP enabled in your mail account before
you try this and yahoo users make sure u enter your mail address as that of
your domain example : someone@yahoo..co.xx where xx can be something like uk or us or in etc
I'm not sure if this is of any help to anyone but these are the steps I used to set up email on my Monte. I'm using an old hotmail account that didn't support IMAP or SMTP properly. 1.Set Up a GMail account eg. email@example.com 2.Set GMail to allow IMAP via the settings link the the top right hand corner. (under Forwarding and POP/IMAP) 3.Under accounts and import set up the send mail as to send mail as firstname.lastname@example.org. Set this to default send adress 4.In the same tab under check mail using pop3 set up the pop3 to recieve from someone@ hotmail.co.uk 5.Under Email Accounts on the Monte set up email with the following charecteristics: Account Name: Hotmail SMTP Server: smtp.gmail.com SMTP Port: 465 Secure Connection: SSL Incoming Server Type: IMAP4 IMAP4 Server: imap.gmail.com IMAP Port: 993 APOP login: greyed out Secure Connection: SSL Download Limit: 500 IMAP4 incoming email: New Retrieving option: Whole Message Keep on server: checked My email adress: someone@ hotmail.co.uk (This is the adress the phone puts in the from line of an email) Username: email@example.com Password: gmail password Pop before smtp: greyed out SMTP auth: checked Same as POP3/IMAP4: checked Username: greyed out Passowrd: greyed out This should allow you to recieve new messages from the time you set up the gmail account on your phone and to send emails with all the appearences of coming from your hotmail account while actually coming from google's smtp server. Really do check that the GMail is set up properly, make sure it recieves emails adressed to your hotmail and that it sends in your hotmail account's name.
Just had a look through the i600 manual and this is how you save a speed dial:
1. On the Home screen, press the Contacts soft key. You
can also press the Start soft key and select Contacts.
2. Select a contact from the list.
3. Scroll to a number, e-mail address, or web page
4. Press the Menu soft key and select Add to Speed Dial.
5. If necessary, enter the name you want.
6. In the Keypad assignment field, select a location.
7. Press the Done soft key
I can access gmail on my phone; it's fairly straightforward:
- unlock the keypad
- hit the 'envelope' button at the bottom right to go into 'Messaging'
- select the bottom item: "New Acccount"
- choose "Other (POP3/IMAP)" from the e-mail provider list and hit Next
- Enter your name and email address, then hit Next (leave the "Automatic setup" checkbox ticked; it makes no difference)
- hit Next again to skip the automatic configuration
- enter your gmail username (with the @gmail.com bit; I like to use the recent:firstname.lastname@example.org to download only the most recent emails) and password. Leave Domain (if necessary) blank and hit Next
- choose server type "POP3", account name "Gmail" and select whatever network (WAP Gateway or Internet) you want to use, depending on how you want to connect
- Enter the following
- - Incoming Server: pop.googlemail.com
- - Require SSL connection should be checked (ticked)
- - Outgoing Server: smtp.googlemail.com
- - Outgoing server requires authentication should be checked
- - Outgoing server configuration:
- - - Use different user name for outgoing server (if you've used the recent: username for downloading email)
- - - Enter your gmail email@example.com
- - - Enter your password
- - - Leave domain blank and check "save password"
- - - check "Require SSL connection"
- - - then click Done
- - Select however many day's worth of emails you want to download and click Next
- - Select "Never" to connect automatically if you aren't on an unlimited data tariff!
- Click Next then Finish.
Hope this works!