Question about SanDisk Sansa e260 MP3 Player
I got my player yesterday and I've noticed when playing MP3's, sometimes (and only sometimes) it starts playing the song, but it's slowed down, distorted, and sounds like massive interference like it's underwater or something. Then if I fiddle with the buttons on the player the song magically starts playing normally. I don't know what is triggering it but sometimes it's when I browse for the song and press the centre button, sometimes it's when I'm adjusting the volume while the song is playing?? Does anyone else have this problem?
P.S. this issue has occurred on one of the pre-loaded songs and two of my own MP3's. The songs are perfect on my computer. I am convinced it's the player causing the problem because it plays them normally part of the time.
The issue you have described with your portable device in most cases can be resolved by formatting your device. Please follow these steps even if you have already attempted them once before.
Please note that this will remove all music from your device.
Formatting the device in Windows Media Player
1. Open Windows Media Player with your MP3 player connected to the computer
2. At the top of windows Media Player select the Sync tab at the top
3. The MP3 player should be recognized on the right hand side and say "Your Player Name"
4. Above the player name is a button that says "Format Storage Media" click this button to erase all the data from the player
5. Continue with the acknowledgement of erasing all data on disk.
Posted on Jan 18, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 21, 2011 | Coby MP-610 MP3 Player
Mar 01, 2011 | MP3 & Digital Media Players
Dec 14, 2010 | Sakar MP3 Player
May 02, 2010 | Element Electronics GC823 MP3 Player
Mar 01, 2010 | Gomadic (BCK-0477-AG) for iriver H10 (5...
75 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: