Question about LG CHOCOLATE VX8500 Cellular Phone
I have tried to format a Sandisk 2.0 GB micro sd card to my LG Chocolate VX8550. The phone does not appear to even read or recognize that there is a card. I have used the included adapter and my computer recognizes and utilizes the card--any suggestions beyond maybe the phone is broken?
Here are the steps I took:
for mp3 as ringtones:
Posted on Oct 17, 2008
Um.. Im having the same problem as these other people i guess..i put the card on my pc and it recognizes the music i allready put on there.. and when i put it in my phone it doesnt show that there is anything on the card...
Posted on Nov 17, 2008
When you put your adapter and sd into your computer, drag music files onto the my_music folder not the My Music folder. there is a difference. >.<
Posted on Jun 23, 2008
Is the card all the way in the adapter? I had that problem and once I realized it wasn't fully in the adapter it worked fine!
Posted on Feb 06, 2008
I'm having problems with my microSD card. I inserted the card into LG vx8500 phone but' it doesn't work... music shows on the card when I put it in the computer; but doesn't read on my phone... it says list empty; but when I take out the microSD card it says micro card is out' so, I know there's music on my card ; but it's not showing; what the heck am I gonna do! :)lol.... I'm fustrated & I'm almost giving up on this phone card thingy... PLEASE , PLEASE someone help me.... Lots of ALOHA,Camille
Posted on May 24, 2008
Put your Micro chip into the Chocolate
Take it out and connect it to your computer
You will see that the phone automatically saved folders such as "my_music"
Save your files into its folder
Put it back into the phone
(I'm 12 and I found that out)
Posted on Jan 09, 2009
I had the same problem and managed to fix it eventually. Turns out that when you try to turn on your phone MP3 player, it is looking in the wrong internal memory - so you get "list empty"! So you just need to move the files to the correct phone memory.
1) Plug in the phone to your PC using the USB cable.
2) Go to your PC and click on My Computer. You should see your phone listed as a drive denoted by a letter e.g. J, K , L etc. 3) Double click on the drive and you will see a folder called My Media follwed by a list of all your MP3 files.
4) Cut all the MP3 files to your clipboard.
5) Double click on the My Media folder, then on the Music folder.
6) Paste the MP3 files into the Music folder.
7) Disconnect the phone from the PC - and hopefullly job done!
Posted on Jan 10, 2009
I put my card into the phone and there are songs on the phone that don't play and I can't delete them!!
And when I put the card in my computer, the card does't show the those songs so I can't delete them using the computer either!! They are labled like JJ on my phone and it's wierd!!! HELP!
Posted on Oct 16, 2008
1) The microSD card is inserted into a slot on the right side of the phone, approximately at the level of the top of the display screen. It has a cover which lifts off in the same way as the place where you plug in the charger. The microSD chip goes in with the contacts facing toward you (as you face the phone) and will only go in one way. Press it in gently until it latches in place. To remove it, press on it again and it will unlatch and pop out just far enough for you to remove it.
2) When viewed from your computer, the Chocolate VX8550 microSD should show four directories (folders) called my_pix, my_flix, my_music, and my_sounds. Music, in mp3 format, must be saved in the my_music folder. If you save it anywhere else, the phone will not "see" it.
When you insert the microSD card and power on the phone, the phone will create an index of the mp3 files using the information embedded in the mp3 files (artist, album, genre, song).
Please note that the phone also has its own internal memory which is separate from the microSD card. It is possible to move files from the card to the phone and vice versa, but when you do so, the file is moved, not copied.
Posted on Aug 20, 2008
Uhh,,, I dont even know where I put the sd microchip!
Posted on Apr 28, 2008
I cant find where i can put micro sd card
Posted on Feb 04, 2008
You have to put your MicroSD card in the phone and then take it out once you do that put it in your computer and it should be already for formating, you should see files on the card.
Posted on Jan 20, 2008
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 18, 2012 | LG 800g TripMinutes Touch Screen tracfone...
Jun 25, 2009 | LG KU990 Viewty
Jun 02, 2009 | LG CHOCOLATE VX8500 Cellular Phone
May 19, 2009 | LG VX8550 Cellular Phone
Apr 23, 2009 | LG KP500 Cookie black on T-Mobile U-Fix...
Feb 22, 2009 | LG KP500 Cookie black on T-Mobile U-Fix...
Feb 14, 2009 | SanDisk 2GB microSD Memory Card
Dec 25, 2007 | SanDisk 2GB Cruzer Micro SDCZ62048A10 Hard...
8,472 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: