- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
In order to use your web cam and take pictures follow these steps :
- Check if your web cam is working or not ( when you turn on the web cam do you get the power light on or not)
- If the web cam is working fine if it is not then you can check the cables, unplug it and replug it if you are using an external cam on a desktop computer.
- Uninstall the web cam software from add and remove programs from control panel.
- reinstall the web cam software / utility. you can do this using the disc which you have got when you bought the web cam.
If you don't have the disc you can go to the manufacturers web page and you can download the software and driver from there. Must ensure that you select the correct serial number of your web cam when you do this.
1) Reset connection or try a different USB port. - If it runs directly from VGA connection, reset VGA card. 2) Update drivers VGA drivers (Either motherboard or PCI manufacturers web site) 3) Update camera drivers (Frontech website follow links for support and downloads) Un-install and re-install the driver software
Ensure the web cam is secured to your personal computer (PC). Most web cams use a "plug and play" principle. You plug the web cam in; it operates.
Install the required software for the web cam to operate. This may involve placing a CD in one of the drives, or alternatively, downloading the software from a host site.
Always reboot the computer after installing new software.
Click on the desktop icon or the program icon to start the program. If the program is correctly functioning, the web cam will start producing an image of its view on the desktop. Adjust the web cam for a clear picture and the view you want.
Most web programs will have a icon for "take picture." Left click on that icon or button. The web cam, like a normal camera, will then "freeze" that image and place it in a photo library.
Open the photo library and examine the image just taken. Congratulations, you just took a photograph with your web cam.
I have a similar web cam and its working fine ...its not that great in quality ..but I have no problems...try to reset settings on default or ...see if it isnt the optical setting from the cam ...if not ...it might be the operating system ..Im not sure they work on vista ..anyway ...let me know if you want to contact me on yahoo to send you a copy of my driver and try a re-installation remember ..I use it on xp sp3
The only other thing that I would suggest you try to do is (if possible) goto another PC or maybe a friends PC and plug the web cam in. If it does the same thing then the web cam no longer works. If it does work, then you may want to try another USB port on your PC.
There is a focus ring around the lens of the WEB cam turn this ring until your image becomes clear, just like a camera focus knob.
Click on the WEB cam software, you will be able to go into an options or configuration, click on video setting, you should see an image of yourself, adjust the focus until the image is clear.