Question about Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
1. First of all, connect your routers Internet/WAN port to your cable/DSL modem.
2. Configure your router with the settings your Internet Service Provider gave you. The router usually needs to be configured via either a install disc or it's internal webpage. Look up it's default IP and type it into your browser after: http://
(If you don't know them, call their tech. support).
3. Make sure the internet connection works.
4. Look up the settings for a DHCP server and make sure it's on. This will give all the devices connected to the router an IP address within the range or scope you set in there.
5. Connect your PS3 to one of the other ports of the router.
6. Go to your PS3's network settings, make a new connection and set everything to Automatic. Your PS3 will "ask" your router for it's settings.
7. Run a connection test.
8. If test succeeded you should be on your way.
P.S. If you need help configuring your router I will need more information about it. It's brand, it's type etc.
Tell me if it worked.
Posted on Jan 23, 2008
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 30, 2011 | Sony PlayStation 3 40GB System
Sep 24, 2010 | Arris Touchstone 450a (CM450) Modem
Jan 01, 2010 | Arris SURFboard SB5101 Cable Modem
May 02, 2009 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Mar 02, 2009 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
May 01, 2008 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
75 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!