Question about Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
1. First of all, connect your routers Internet/WAN port to your cable/DSL modem.
2. Configure your router with the settings your Internet Service Provider gave you. The router usually needs to be configured via either a install disc or it's internal webpage. Look up it's default IP and type it into your browser after: http://
(If you don't know them, call their tech. support).
3. Make sure the internet connection works.
4. Look up the settings for a DHCP server and make sure it's on. This will give all the devices connected to the router an IP address within the range or scope you set in there.
5. Connect your PS3 to one of the other ports of the router.
6. Go to your PS3's network settings, make a new connection and set everything to Automatic. Your PS3 will "ask" your router for it's settings.
7. Run a connection test.
8. If test succeeded you should be on your way.
P.S. If you need help configuring your router I will need more information about it. It's brand, it's type etc.
Tell me if it worked.
Posted on Jan 23, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 30, 2011 | Sony PlayStation 3 40GB System
Jun 13, 2009 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
May 02, 2009 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Mar 02, 2009 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
May 01, 2008 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
74 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!