- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Turn off the scanner. While holding down 2, 9, and Hold, turn on the scanner. It takes about 3 seconds to initialize and "CLEAr" appears. The above is from the "Resetting the Scanner" section on page 53 of the manual.
There is no general reset function that will clear all of the frequencies (they're not codes) from your scanner, but there are two ways to clear individual frequencies: 1. Programming "0.0" (zero point zero) into a channel will remove the programmed frequency. 2. Programming a new frequency into any channel will remove/override the previously programmed frequency.
You can download and print the manual for your scanner, at no cost, here: http://www.uniden.com/pdf/BC248CLTom.pdf
For a comprehensive database of active frequencies in your area, and a lot of other useful scanning information, visit: www.RadioReference.com
You can initialize the scanner to delete all information that you've programmed into it and return it to its original factory settings. To do this:
1. Turn the scanner OFF, then turn it ON again. 2. Press and hold down the CLEAR key and insert a pointed object, such as a paperclip or the point of a pen, into the RESET opening in the back of the scanner, and press the button inside the opening. 3. Release RESET. When information reappears on the scanner's display, release the CLEAR key.
NOTE: You must release the RESET button before releasing the CLEAR key.
Also note that this procedure may not be necessary. Programming a new frequency into a channel automatically deletes the frequency previously stored in that channel.
To clear all information that you've programmed into the scanner you can perform a RESET to original factory settings:
1. Turn off the scanner. 2. While holding down the 2 and 9 keys, turn on the scanner. CLEAR flashes for about 5 seconds as the scanner clears its memory. Note: Do not turn off the scanner again until CLEAR stops flashing. Otherwise, the scanner might not clear its memory properly.
clearing a locked-out frequency To clear a locked-out frequency, select that frequency (see “Reviewing Locked-Out Frequencies”), then press CL. If all locked-out frequencies are cleared within a bank, No Lockout appears. clearing all locked-out frequencies in a search bank 1. Press SRCH. 2. Select the search bank in which you want to clear all locked-out frequencies. 3. Press FUNC then press L/OUT. Lockout list appears. 4. Press FUNC then 6. Clear entire list ? Press 1 to clear all, any other key aborts appears. Press 1 to clear all locked-out frequencies. List cleared. appears for about 2 seconds. Press any key other than 1 to cancel clear.
I hope this helps. If it does, please take a moment to give me a rating. A rating of "very helpful" would be greatly appreciated.
Programming a frequency into a channel clears the previous channel entry, so there's really no need to "clear" the scanner for reprogramming. To eliminate an unwanted frequency, you can either press the LOCKOUT key to prevent the scanner from stopping on a specific channel, or you can "zero" a channel:
1. Press SCAN/MAN to stop scanning. 2. Use the number keys to enter the channel number (1-200) you want to clear. 3. Press PGM. F=C appears. 4. Press 0 then ENT. The frequency number changes to 000.0000 to indicate the channel is cleared.
Need the manual for your scanner? You can download/print it here:
There is no global clear/erase function on the BC350C, but programming a new frequency on a channel automatically deletes/erases the old frequency. To delete an inactive or troublesome frequency, program "000.0" in that channel. Doing so will deleted the previously programmed frequency and set the LOCKOUT to ON for that channel. For more information on deleting frequencies, see page 27 of your operating manual.
There is no need to clear the scanner before reprogramming. When you enter a new frequency it will automatically overwrite the old frequency. To clear unwanted frequencies you can program "0.0" into any channel to clear it, or simply use the LOCKOUT feature to prevent the scanner from stopping on a channel.