Question about HP DeskJet 3740 InkJet Printer
Our printer doesn't have power
Same problem with me, it starts, the cartridge moves along the rod, but suddendly blanks out and stops, whats happening?
Posted on Mar 05, 2008
Did you check the power cord with a multimeter for voltage?
Posted on Jan 17, 2008
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 16, 2012 | Lexmark Interact S605 All-in-One Color...
Dec 11, 2011 | HP PSC 1210 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Dec 11, 2011 | Canon PIXMA MP510 All-In-One InkJet...
Nov 16, 2011 | Dell 1110 Laser Printer
If that doesn't help, try the steps below:
1. Disconnect the printer from your computer.
2. Re-brick your printer.
Pull out the power supply, black box where the power cord is plugged in at the
back of the printer, and put it back after 30 seconds.
2. On your computer, go to Control Panel > Printers
3. Delete the Lexmark print object.
4. Reboot your pc.
5. When your pc turns on, reconnect the printer.
6. Wait until your pc fully recognizes the USB connection. To check, go to Control Panel > Printers and Faxes. If you see a new Lexmark print object in the list, then try to print a document again to verify that the problem is fixed.
Oct 21, 2011 | Lexmark All-in-One Printer with PictBridge
Aug 01, 2011 | HP Deskjet D2360 InkJet Printer
Jul 01, 2011 | HP Office Equipment & Supplies
Jun 26, 2011 | Lexmark X5270 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Feb 07, 2011 | Lexmark E260 Laser Printer
Sep 26, 2016 | HP DeskJet 3740 InkJet Printer
32 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: