The printer won't make a copy of a page on the glass. This message is constantly displayed: "Press Enter to align cartridges" When we align the cartridges, the printer prints a page and then the message returns. Turning the printer off, disconnecting it from the computer, or pressing Cancel does not change anything.
I have problems with my printer too. But, to cancel 'align' messages, turn printer off, then hold down <setup> and <up arrow key> while turning it back on, and hold it till the hour glass goes away. Hope it helps. I am still trying to solve my 'out of paper' problem (on first page being printed only now), and no copying.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Perform the following steps to align the ink cartridges:
Disconnect the power cord from the unit, wait five seconds, and then plug it back in. This will reinitialize the unit.
Print another alignment test page. If the Press Enter to align message is not currently on the front panel display, complete the following steps to print an alignment page:
Press Setup or Menu on the front panel (depending on the model).
Press the right arrow button (>) until Maintenance or Tools is displayed, and then press Enter or OK (depending on the model).
Press the right arrow button (>) until Align Print Cartridges is displayed, and then press Enter or OK (depending on the model).
To determine if the automatic alignment is functioning correctly, look into the output tray as the alignment page is printing; a blue light should be visible periodically on the page as the cartridges move back and forth. If this light is not visible, the product will not be able to align the cartridges and will require service. Service the product.
If the blue light is visible and the alignment pages are printing correctly, but the alignment pages still fails, there still may be a hardware problem with the unit.
If there are no other printing problems and you wish to continue, use the information in the Bypassing the ink cartridge alignment section below to bypass the alignment. The information from last successful alignment will be used.
If the message keeps reappearing or other print quality problems occur, service the product.
Models with a semi-automatic print cartridge alignment
Some HP products have a semi-automatic alignment process. These models do not have an additional sensor and will print two pages for the alignment process instead of one. The alignment page must be placed on the scanner glass or into the automatic document feeder (HP Officejet V series) and scanned.
Disconnect the power cord, wait five seconds, and then plug it in. This reinitializes the product and forces the scanner to calibrate again.
Examine the scanner glass and white scan backing. Clean the scanner glass and scan backing if they are not clean. To clean the scanner glass and scan backing, use a soft cloth towel slightly dampened with clean water.
With the product turned on, open the scanner cover and check the bulb assembly. If the scanner bulb is not lit, the product must be serviced.
Verify that the alignment page is placed correctly on the scanner glass or in the ADF (if the product has one). Place the printed side down.
5. Make a copy of the alignment page. The unit will make a copy even if the alignment message is displayed. Compare the copy to the original. If vertical lines appear in the copy, check to see if the scanner assembly requires cleaning. If cleaning the scanner assembly does not correct the problem, service the product.
6. Use the information in the Bypassing the ink cartridge alignment section below to bypass the alignment. Operate the HP All-in-One to determine if there are other problems. The unit should be serviced if other error messages or problems occur or if alignment problems occur every time the ink cartridges are changed.
To bypass the ink cartridge alignment:Press and hold the Setup button, and then press Options (or Copy Options ).
If I could be of further assistance, let me know. If this helps or solves the issue, please rate it and give a testimonial for my response
I just noticed in the link to your forum item that additional text appears that does not appear in the item itself. It looks like you are getting a message telling you to press Enter to align your print carriage. This is a common step after you replace an ink cartridge. According to HP.com, here's what you are supposed to do:
"A message will appear in the front panel display requesting that the ink cartridges be aligned. Press Enter to start the cartridge alignment. Two pages will print. Following the instructions printed on the second page, place the first page on the scanner glass in the lower-right corner and then press Enter to finish aligning the cartridges. Remove the page from the scanner glass when complete".
it is necessary to place the allign page in the scanner and then press the enter button and the scanner will read the allign ment page as it will take 2 minutes and then it will display the message allignment complete message then it will become normal as it was .so after u get the allignment page place it in the scanner unit of the printer and then press enter.
You can also bypass the alignment. When the message for alignment displays on the display => Press Setup and Options (or Copy Options ) simaltanious.The last known alignment is used when the alignment is bypassed.
This issue occurs if the alignment page is not perfectly or with good colors. Replace the low ink cartridge. If the ink levels are good do the following steps to clean cartridges :
1. Turn the unit on and open the lid or top cover. 2. Remove the cartridges. 3. Using a clean, dry lint-free cloth (a coffee filter works well), wipe the cartridge contacts, from the top to the bottom. The contact area of the cartridge should be rubbed briskly to remove the waxy lubricant material from the gold contacts. 4. The contacts inside the printer may also require cleaning. Using a clean, dry, lint-free cloth, 5. gently wipe the contacts, from the top to the bottom. 5. Re-insert the cartridges and close the printer's top cover.
Steps to manually align cartridges
1. Press Setup until Maintenance appears, and then press Enter.
2. Press until Align Cartridge appears, and then press Enter. Two pages are printed, one with instructions and one with patterns.
3. Follow the instructions on the instruction page, then place the page with patterns on the glass and press Enter. The cartridges are aligned correctly.
If the issue persists do the below to by pass alignment :
Press Setup and Options (or Copy Options) simultaneously when align message is prompted on the All-in-One.