Question about Brother MFC 7420 All-In-One Laser Printer
I have just received the following info from Brother Support:
To adjust the transmission level on your fax, please follow these instructions:
- Press the following buttons in quick succession: (MENU, *, 2,8,6,4) These must be pressed in under 3 seconds. If done correctly, the screen will display maintenance, but if it does not, press STOP and try again until it does.
- Once maintenance is on screen, press 1, then 0. The screen will display WSW00.
- Press 13, and the screen will display WSW13=01011110
- Press the right arrow on your control panel until the cursor is underneath the 3rd last digit, and press 0. Your screen should show: WSW13=01011010
- Press SET
- Press STOP
- Press 99 to exit maintenance mode, and once back to the time and date screen, send a single page fax to 1300 368 999 and you will receive a faxed reply that will show you your transmission level and how much it has been adjusted.
Please note if your transmission level is still not in an acceptable range ( -15dB to -18dB ) then it would be best to contact the Product Support Centre on the number listed below to discuss possible fixes.
I hope this helps.
Posted on Feb 19, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 14, 2007 | Brother MFC 8300 Laser Printer
Jan 24, 2013 | Konica Minolta Bizhub C224 Color Copier...
May 10, 2011 | Printers & Copiers
Aug 10, 2009 | Minolta bizhub 200 Copier
Apr 20, 2009 | Canon imageCLASS D880 All-In-One Laser...
Mar 19, 2009 | Konica Minolta bizhub 250 All-In-One Laser...
Dec 16, 2008 | Brother MFC 7420 All-In-One Laser Printer
Apr 30, 2008 | Brother MFC 7420 All-In-One Laser Printer
Dec 19, 2007 | HP OfficeJet 6210 All-In-One InkJet...
2,334 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: