Question about Brother MFC 7420 All-In-One Laser Printer
I have just received the following info from Brother Support:
To adjust the transmission level on your fax, please follow these instructions:
- Press the following buttons in quick succession: (MENU, *, 2,8,6,4) These must be pressed in under 3 seconds. If done correctly, the screen will display maintenance, but if it does not, press STOP and try again until it does.
- Once maintenance is on screen, press 1, then 0. The screen will display WSW00.
- Press 13, and the screen will display WSW13=01011110
- Press the right arrow on your control panel until the cursor is underneath the 3rd last digit, and press 0. Your screen should show: WSW13=01011010
- Press SET
- Press STOP
- Press 99 to exit maintenance mode, and once back to the time and date screen, send a single page fax to 1300 368 999 and you will receive a faxed reply that will show you your transmission level and how much it has been adjusted.
Please note if your transmission level is still not in an acceptable range ( -15dB to -18dB ) then it would be best to contact the Product Support Centre on the number listed below to discuss possible fixes.
I hope this helps.
Posted on Feb 19, 2008
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 30, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
Feb 12, 2015 | Golf
Feb 14, 2010 | Ford Escape Cars & Trucks
Dec 14, 2009 | 1996 Audi A4
Jul 28, 2009 | Brother IntelliFAX 2800 Laser Fax
Apr 02, 2009 | Canon LaserClass 7000 Plain Paper Fax
Mar 19, 2009 | Konica Minolta bizhub 250 All-In-One Laser...
Dec 16, 2008 | Brother MFC 7420 All-In-One Laser Printer
Jul 20, 2008 | Daewoo Lanos Cars & Trucks
Apr 30, 2008 | Brother MFC 7420 All-In-One Laser Printer
2,340 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: