Question about Novell NetMail XE 3.1 for PC
I have exhausted every possible solution to this problem. I work in a Post Secondary Institute and give our students a netmail account at the beginning of each semester. this Past week Netmail stopped working meaning not emails are going through. Kick back messages are not coming up so it looks like they have gone through. netmail server is running so I am not sure what is going on. I went to the Novell website and checked their cool solutions page but nothing seems to work.
Again netmail is running on the server, no network changes have taken place
I noticed no one responded to you so let me at least give you some thoughts you may not have tried.
The first thought is you could have any number of problems.
The second thought is you may have tried some or even all that I am about to suggest. They are listed in priority.
1. Using something equivalent to Avast or Avg (anti-virus) scan your entire network. Kids bring disks in and disks can have bad things on them.
2. If that comes up clean uninstall the application inclusive of deleting the resident application folders (not the email) that are left behind.
3. Try reinstalling. If it still does not work go to step 4.
4. Next (and I assume you did this or it would have been higher on the list) go to device manager and make sure all devices are working.
5. If at this point it still does not work you may have a corrupted file somewhere (i.e. in windows - I assume you are not using linux) that Novell depends on but is only used (probably) by the server.
Let me know where you are at and I will get back to you....take notes please as I may need some detail information. I assume you have run a "thorough" scandisk to check for cross linked files and other disk problems on the server by the way.
You might (since it appears you are in charge) also want to download and run on all machines the following if maintenance is antiquated or a bit sloppy (catch as catch can). They are all free and excellent maintenance tools. You can download from cnet downloads or any of the free sites (i.e. freewarefiles.com)
Ccleaner - run both windows and application clean up and most importantly the registry cleaner....don't worry it's safe and automatic. Run it on the server.
Spybot (search and destroy) - run it on the server and all other machines on the network.
Hope this helps...based on you finding nothing at the novell site your problem is probably elsewhere....and what you have indicated is something a number of virus's do....hence the first task on the list.
Tango.....have fun....it will take some time....(did I hear a cork popping out of bottle of Merlot?)
Posted on Jan 25, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 04, 2016 | E-Book Systems, Inc. GLOBAL MARKETING...
Dec 22, 2013 | Internet & Communication Software
Nov 24, 2011 | Microsoft Outlook 2010
Sep 29, 2011 | Microsoft Internet Explorer 7
Nov 16, 2010 | Dell Internet & Communication Software
Oct 17, 2009 | Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 for PC
May 18, 2009 | Microsoft Outlook Express
Mar 19, 2009 | Microsoft Outlook 2003 for PC
Apr 04, 2008 | Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 for PC
60 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Level 3 Expert
Level 2 Expert
Level 3 Expert
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: