Question about Computers & Internet
IM on laptop, but my main pc wont switch on ive changed the fuse but nothing
How old is your computer? Did you recently have a power outage or anything? Most the time if a computer won't turn on, something in it went bad OR an outlet is bad. Try this:
1. Make sure that the power switch is on, the switch in the back (on the power supply itself) is turned on, and everything along those lines is functioning.
2. If that doesn't work, and it will not power on AT ALL, make sure the cords are plugged firmly in place, including the surge protector and/or the power cord itself.
3. Try resetting the surge suppressor and/or plug the computer into a different outlet in the surge suppressor. Try other items in that surge suppressor (or even in the wall outlet, if that's what you're plugged into) to make sure that the outlet itself is working.
4. If your computer is plugged directly into a working wall or surge suppressor outlet, try a different power cord.
5. If your surge suppressor works, your wall outlet has power to it, and you are using a known-good power cord in the computer, you will have to go into more in-depth investigation as something inside the computer likely went bad. It could be the video card, motherboard, CPU fan, power button, or the power supply itself. Start by testing the video card and the power supply by (one at a time) swapping out a known-good component for the one you suspect may be bad. If it won't turn on after that, try swapping out the next and try it again. If it still will not work, it could be something more serious such as the motherboard or power button.
it could be a bad power supply or a bad motherboard. Other problems might cause issues, such as a bad video card.
Posted on Jan 16, 2008
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 23, 2015 | HP Compaq Cq58-252Sa 15.6-Inch Laptop...
Mar 21, 2013 | HP Compaq Cq58-252Sa 15.6-Inch Laptop...
Feb 25, 2013 | HP Compaq Presario SR5350F Desktop PC...
Apr 06, 2011 | HP Compaq EVO D51S Intel Desktop PC -...
Sep 28, 2010 | Intel Pentium 4 530 3.2Ghz PCI-Express...
Mar 09, 2009 | Compaq Computers & Internet
Feb 04, 2009 | HP Compaq EVO D510 Intel Desktop PC -...
May 17, 2008 | Compaq Presario 700 470024-192 Notebook
Apr 25, 2018 | AOL Computers & Internet
133 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: