Well i just got mine on Christmas and by the thrid week my screen has burned out on it and i don't know what to do sure i let it rest for a mintue or a week. Also i was told that sometime that it doesn't have a good life span.
Send it back in to Audiovox... RCA's tech support. Go to the RCA website, and find the Opal series, and go to Contact Us. Mine quit working all together a few weeks back, and I just sent it in and got a brand new one in the mail a few weeks later. Just beware: their "24 hour" response time is b.s., i didn't get a reply for 2 weeks on email. I never got a response when I tried calling.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
In answer to your question, no not in the sense that you mean (similar thing happened to mine). If it does not work at all (that is to say cannot be burned on) when not connected to the PC then I'd say that it needs returning and repacing. If it does switch on when not connected to the PC then try another cable justin case this is the fault, though I am more inclined to the "back to seller" route as the most probable outcome.
you have water damage that ruined the screen. you can get it fixed at some places but its more expensive than getting a new ipod, i had the same thing happen to mine. i don't know how the water got in but it did the exact same thing to mine
I have the same one but the silver model.. On Sunday I opened mine to try to remove the dust on the screen from the inside, How does that happen? While trying to open it and move the computer like board inside to get to the screen to blow the dust off, it accidently broke off the wires to battery to the board. Now only plays when hooked up to the computer.
I also had a sansa clip mp3 player and used to charge it overnight and remove it in the morning to use but after a while it quit qorking and would only work if connected to a computer, the people at sansa said i probably burned out the battery because I would charge it for too long of time which it only needed 2-4 hours for complete charge not overnight which I always did. I also opened that one Sunday for first time to clean the screen and noticed oe wire from battery to board was broke off, that might have been the problem instead of the battery being burned out.
Open your's up and check the wires from the battery to the board maybe one is broken.
When you hook it up to your laptop open up my computer, and is it even being recognized by the laptop? In my computer under devices with removable devices it will say:
Since my computer is old mine say but will be similar for you:
3 1/2 Floppy(A:) (D:) CD-Rom Drive on back of computer- Left USB Port Removable Device (E:)
Right USB Port Removable Device (F:)
If the computer is not recognizing the device it will not charge. Also you'll know the computer is recognizing it because when I hook mine up a screen will pop up asking me what i would like to do with the mp3 player such as open with media player, take no action at all, etc.
so mine broke at work ... took about 10 minutes to pop the back off without a screw driver ... then you unhook the battery. afterwards u can still use it as a USB thumbdrive or you can try hooking up the positive and negative wires to a 9volt battery with some electric tape ... at least it's not a total loss if u can still use it as a portable usb thumbdrive. alright well, BACK TO WORK! be sure not to burn urself on the battery. don't try to pop the metal things off, that's how i burned my finger. smells like burned plastic now.
I have the 4GB version (non-FM) and it's having the same issues. I reformatted mine to the NTFS filing system in hopes of uploading my songs faster since these players run on FAT32, but reformatting it to any file system other than FAT32 will cause it to give a File System Err notice on your player. I would suggest reformatting it to FAT32 using your computer. There are resources available everywhere online that shows you how to do this.