Question about Energry Speakers Energy Speakers S8.3 Subwoofer
I am getting sound out of the subwoofer. However, the light on the front of the speaker does not come on in either mode (Automatic or on). What does this mean? Can I correct it?
I have the exact same problem with my S8.3 that I purchased a few months ago. It's just the blue LED that doesn't light up, otherwise it seems to output bass and the volume control works. Any suggestions?
Posted on Sep 09, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 10, 2014 | Energry Speakers Energy Speakers S8.3...
Jan 23, 2012 | Sony Speakers & Subwoofers
Jul 25, 2011 | Energy Speakers ESW-10 Subwoofer
• Check that the subwoofer is connected properly, switched on and the volume turned up.
• If your subwoofer has a sleep function, make sure it is switched off.
• Make sure that the Subwoofer setting is YES or PLUS (see Speaker Setting on page xx).
• The crossover frequency may be set too low; try setting it higher to match the characteristics of your other speakers (see Speaker Setting on page xx)
• If there is very little low frequency information in the source material, change your speaker settings to Front: SMALL / Subwoofer: YES , or Front: LARGE / Subwoofer: PLUS (see Speaker Setting on page xx).
• Check that the LFE channel is not set to -80dB , or a very quiet setting (see Bass Peak Level
on page xx).
• Check the speaker level settings (see Channel Level on page xx).
Regarding the Large vs Small assignment of speakers, what they mean isn't so much the physical size but the ability to handle real bass. Large if Yes.
Jan 12, 2011 | Boston Acoustics PV600 Main / Stereo...
Feb 02, 2010 | Onkyo SKW-200 Subwoofer
Jan 07, 2008 | KLH HT-9900 System
1,031 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: