Even with back reset hold for 10 sec. No reset at all
Even trying several time by the reset in back , my led lights still always flash and don't go off and come back, like other dlink router i had. And what is strange is the IP adress that IPCONFIG detect is 169,134.xx.xx . So impossible to goto menu . Any repair suggestions or other ideas. Thanks
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has written 50 answers of more than 400 characters.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
Re: Even with back reset hold for 10 sec. No reset at all
Check to make sure you're using the correct power adapter for the router. Your computer uses a 169.... address when it fails to connect to the router...this is a normal symptom when the router is not working correctly. Your router may have failed and will need to be replaced.
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones). click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Good luck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
May I know if the LED light at the front panel has a pattern offlashesor flashing continuouslyin green color.
Please check if you can access the "Self diagnostic screen" by following the steps below. - To activate, press the front panel "Activity" and "Channel down" buttons at the same time and hold for 5 secs. The Status led will then flash a two digit code. Example, if the error code is "23" the led light flashes2 times(blink, blink)pauseand then flash3 times(blink, blink, blink). Let me know the error code, it will help to diagnose where the fault came from. Note: the TV must be inshutdownnot switched off, or AC power cord is removed because the code will reset to "12" means no error. Use the front panel buttons not on the remote control. If you can't access the self diagnostic, press and hold the "Activity" button on the front panel for 5 secs before entering the "self diagnostic" code.
if you dont remember your router password then you need to do a hardware reset by holding the reset button with a paper clip and powering the router on while holding the reset for 5-10 sec's til all the led's on the front flash a couple times
the login/pass will be
login = blank
pass = password
you will need to reconfigure your router after doing this.
To reset the D-Link back to the default settings, press and hold the RESET button on the back of the router and power up the router, hold the RESET button for 5 secs until the LEDs flash at the same time then release the RESET button. The default login = admin The default PW = blank (just press Enter)
Hi Friend Please follow the steps to reset the router in a different way
1) Press the reset button for 10 secs and after that unplug the power cable from the router and wait for 10 secs 2) Plug the power cable back and press the reset button again for 10 secs and after that unplug the power cable from the router and wait for 10 secs 3) Plug the power cable back and press the power button for 10 secs again and unplug the power cable from the router for 10 secs
After trying these steps if you see the power light still blinking then you need to replace the router. Please call the customer care of linksys 1800 546 5797,they will let you know how to replace the router
You’ll need to reset your printer to clear the ink counters, after resetting it’ll not display the error code again. Follow this procedure to reset the printer--
1. Power off the printer.
2. Holding the stop/reset button, press and hold power button also. Hold both buttons together for 5 secs.
3. Still holding the power button, release the stop/reset buton, then press the stop/reset button twice.
4. Release power button (the screen should now say 'Service Mode').
5. Wait until the power button lights steady green, then press the stop/reset button three times with a 3 sec space between each press. On the 3rd press the indicator should turn steady orange.
6. Press the power button once, (the orange light should go off).
7. Open the printer and remove both cartridges. Wait for 10 seconds. Replace the cartridges and close printer. Wait for 30 seconds.
8. Press the power button, and wait until printer has shut down.
9. Press power button to power up. The printer will feed one piece of paper, then ask you to set the language.
10. The page counter is now reset.
Please rate the solution & revert for further assistance.
Reset the router: While the router is powered on press and hold the reset button for 5-10 sec. Release the button and wait until the router boots up (1 min).
If this does not work then you can try this
Try setting it into recovery mode and loading firmware:
Unplug power cable from the router and press the reset button. While holding the reset button plug the power cable in. Continue holding the reset button untill you will see LEDs on the router flashing rapidly.
You should be able to log into the router - you will see a prompt to load firmware. The firmware is available on our WEB site: http://www.dlink.com.au/tech/
Note - suggest you d/l the firmware BEFORE you reset router
Normally clearing the drum count the machine has to be on open front cover as if to change the drum press and hold the button in for about 10 second then release and shut the door. This should reset the count if not please get back to me and I'll check the service manual to see if anything in that.