Question about Dell 1700n Laser Printer
Both the Error light and the toner low light are flashing in sync with each other. Please advise on the error and how to correct.
I was able to reset the drum counter using your instructions and print a test page with the 'Continue' button, so I know that the printer is functioning but my system still tells me that I have an "Unknown Toner Level" when I try to print a document and will not print. Is there a fix for this?
Posted on Oct 22, 2008
Ya!!! It was very hepfull. Thanks a lot.
Posted on May 15, 2008
photoconductor (PC) drum counter on the Dell™ 1700(n) printer.
To reset the photoconductor (PC) drum counter, perform the following steps:
1. Turn off the power using the switch on the back of the printer.
2. Open the front door of the printer.
3. Hold the Continue button down, power on the printer, continue to hold down the Continue button until just the Error LED is on solid, then release the Continue button.
4. Close the front door.
The Continue button, Ready/Data, Toner Low, and Load Paper LEDs should all be lit.
5. Wait for the printer to complete its POST process.
This is completed once the printer begins emitting a fan noise and the rollers start, then stop.
6. Press the Cancel button four times slowly until the Toner Low LED is lit.
NOTE: This is the option for resetting the drum counter.
8. Press and hold the Continue button until the LEDs all begin to rapidly cycle up / down in sequence, then release the Continue button.
The Toner Low LED is the only one on.
9. Cycle the power on the printer.
10. When the printer is ready, press the Continue button once to print a settings page.
11. Under the heading Cartridge Information, verify the Photoconductor value is 0K (zero-K).
Posted on Apr 09, 2008
Toss it out. That printer is a piece of junk. I have 4 fairly new 1700's and they all just about crapped out.
Posted on Jan 28, 2008
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Try removing the toner cartridge and putting it back in place.
Try also unplugging power cord for ten minutes, and check if this clears error message.
Inspect the printer for foreign objects, or paper stuck inside.
If this does not work, it is a faulty drum.
Posted on Nov 07, 2008
Leave the printer on. Open the front and hold down the cancel button until all the lights are flashing in sequence. Close the front while still holding the cancel with the lights flashing and then release the cancel button. This should reset it.
Posted on Nov 07, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 26, 2015 | Dell P1500 Laser Printer
Dec 03, 2010 | Dell 1700n Laser Printer
May 28, 2009 | Dell 1700 Laser Printer
Nov 07, 2008 | Dell 1700n Laser Printer
Sep 18, 2008 | Dell 1700n Laser Printer
Apr 09, 2008 | Dell 1720dn Laser Printer
Mar 21, 2008 | Dell 1700n Laser Printer
Feb 21, 2008 | Dell 1710 Laser Printer
7,860 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!