- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
When you plug in the power cord is there any lightswhatsoever on the laptop, where the plug goes in or on the AC Adapter of thepower cord?
When you press the power button do you hear fans running, hard drive spinning,lights on the computer, hear any beeps or lights constantly blinking, hear theDvD/CD drive click and the light on the drawer of the DvD/CD turn on for asecond or two? If so the laptop is trying to boot or may have booted, butthe screen is not showing for some reason.
Beep tones and blinking lights tells the technicians what is going on with thelaptop and why it is not booting. Most times it's a motherboard issuewhen you hear beeps or blinking lights continuous.
Maybe your power cord is bad if you don't get anything to happen whatsoeverwhen you press the power button. And if that's true maybe you wasoperating off the battery the last time you had it on and since the power cordis bad, it was not charging the battery so the battery is drained and the powercord is bad.
Maybe you have a Static Charge Buildup. Remove the Power Cord, Remove theBattery, then Press and Hold the power button for 30seconds. After 30 seconds plug the power cord back in (leave the batteryout) and hit the power button to see if it boots. If it does, you can putthe battery back in and let it charge.
Hi.The ballast may be defective if you hear constant clicking sounds after you've pressed the power button.
If there are no clicking sounds after you press the power button(3-5 clicks every 2-3 seconds), this will confirm optimal ballast performance and, it will also confirm a major issue that concerns the Power distribution board. There are several weak or damaged components on the board that have failed.
The replacement of the power board is recommended in this case.
Should have been 3300 UF 10V caps that were bad? Shouls have been replaced with 3300UF 18V. 50V is huge. If it was replaced with a 50 the polarity may be wrong or the cap it too big to be seated property. Sometimes the caps just dry out and even a normal looking one will be the culprit of no OSD. Are you getting an LED fault code blinking? That should be a red led. Do you hear the relay clicking.? When you replaced the caps did you charge them? Just plugging in the set without trying to power it on for about 20-30 mins. I may be able to help you
Hi i have a pilips 42" plasma tv (42PF5320/79) i can hear clicking the green light is on and the tv will go into stand by if i press the power button and the red light also comes on .I have turned it on and off and it works now nothing just the light on the front as if its working looking at the back through the slots two green lights come on then the tv clicks and they turn off,thanks
There are two sides of the problem. Hardware and software. To check whether the hardware is defective:
Try running the Pre-boot System Assessment (PSA):
1. Shutdown system
2. Press and hold on the "Fn" key.
3. Press the power button to turn the system on while holding on the "Fn" key.
4. Run the PSA until you get to the "colored bars". Then press "N" to say no.
5. Should you hear the beep codes, that means that the sound card is working fine. If you don't hear anything, then you need to replace your motherboard.
Now if your hear beeps that means that there's something wrong with the driver and audio settings. Do the following:
1. Right-click on My Computer then click on Properties
2. Click on Hardware then Device Manager
3. Click on the (+) beside Sound and Audio Devices
4. Right click on Sigmatel then click "Uninstall".
5. Go to support.dell.com
6. Click on Drivers and Downloads
7. Enter the Service Tag of your system (found at the bottom of your laptop)
8. Then download the audio driver. Just save it on your desktop first.
9. Restart the computer.
10. Install the driver.
11. Go to Control Panel -> Sounds and audio
12. Make sure that Sigmatel is the default sound device.
May be a power supply fault, Line stage, loose solder points or regulation( 5V to the CPU) to trigger switch on. If not familiar with electronics, please refer to a repair technician. Regards, JUS004
The power supply is in the protect mode. There is probably a short in one of the areas on the circuit boards. It is also very likely that there is a scan failure. The set would have to be properly troubleshooted to determine that exact failure.