No paper jam and new ink in.... buttons on EPSON STYLUS C40UX flash back and forth...the red one would normally even feed paper....red button flashing, but isnt performing paper feed, normally would EVEN without printing? and no works from any format prints, nor attempts to....my red buttons just not doing anything it should. It doesnt maneuver like it should for ink changing, but from reading the pages on this forum, appears to be a normal problem.....BUT NOW no paper feed, nor jam, NEW inks, and nothing?? Soooo stumped....
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has written 50 answers of more than 400 characters.
An expert who has posted more than 50 answers, of which 90% or more were rated as helpful.
Re: EPSON STYLUS C4OUX
Please go to my website http://www.the-inkstore.co.uk . I have the latest version of SSC Service Utility to download directly onto your computer and instructions on how to use it, what to click on etc etc. Click any of the Epson links if you can't find it, everything you need to know will be there, including printer Firmware resetting which sorts out a multitude of problems.
The 'maintenance required' problem with Epson printers has absolutely nothing to do with which cartridges you are using, it is a built in page counter in your printer firmware, which has a different maximum amount for each Epson model. Don't listen to old wives tales and heresay, we are the experts and it's an Epson scam to cause a lot of people to pay for maintenance or throw their printers away. I haven't found a model that can't be reset with the latest version of SSC Serve or the manual reset on my site.
For Epson RX500 users there is also a manual reset on my site, as the SSC Serve software won't do it for you. When using the program & choosing your printer from the list, it may have a weird name with 'x' in the model number, this is because some configurations are for many models in a series. For example, the C46 will be listed as C4x as it is for the C42, C44 & C46 models.
I hope this helps all Epson users to overcome the Epson scam of page counting and locking out until you pay their dealers money for maintenance.
If you like what I've done for Epson users, please show your appreciation by spreading the word and perhaps buying your ink from my site.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I hope this will help you :)
* Green Power light flashes- The printer is receiving a print job, replacing an ink cartridge, charging ink, or cleaning the print head.
* RED paper light is On- If the CD/DVD try guide is open, close the CD/DVD tray guide, load paper, then press the paper button.
Your paper ran out or multiple sheets loaded at the same time . Load paper and press the paper butoon to resume printing.
* RED paper light flashes- Paper is jammed in the printer. Press the paper button to eject the jammed paper. If the light is still flashing , open the cover and remove all paper, including any jammed or torn pieces. Then reload paper and press the paper button to continue printing.
* RED Ink Light Flashes - One or more cartridges are low on ink. Check the message that appears on your screen to determine which cartridge is low, or follow the instructions in " Checking the Ink Supply". Make sure you have a replacement cartridge.
* RED Ink Light is ON- One or more cartridges are out of ink or not installed. If you have just installed a new cartridge, it may be incomaptible with the printer or incorrectly installed. Reinstall it or replace it with the correct cartridge
* RED Ink and RED paper lights flash alternately- The CD/DVD tray guide was left open when you turned on the printer or when printing on paper. Just simply close it/
* Green Power Light is Off; RED paperand RED Ink Lights flashing- Paper may be blocking movement of the print head. Turn off the printer, then open the cover and remove any jammed paper or other foreign objects. Turn the printer back on again. Or it may have an internal error. Turn off the printer, wait a few seconds, then turn it on again.
I just like to ask to where specifically you can see the red light. It will
help us determine what cause the red light. To give you heads up as well, the
Printer's LCD screen can help us determine what exactly the offline condition
of the CX3200 is:
message: No color or black ink cartridge-->Press the Color Copy button to
install a new ink cartridge.
Solution: The indicated ink cartridge is not installed. Please install the
message: Color or black ink out -- >Press the Color Copy button to begin
replacing the ink cartridge.
Solution: The indicated ink cartridge is out of ink. You will need to replace
the necessary ink cartridge(s).
Message: Ink cartridge error -- > Press the Color Copy button to begin
replacing the ink cartridge.
Solution: There is something wrong with the ink cartridge. Make sure the
cartridge is genuine Epson ink. Also, try reseating the cartridge (remove it, and
then reinstall it).
Error Message: Paper jam or misfeed -- > Press the Color Copy button and
clear the paper jam by hand if necessary.
Paper is jammed. Check for any obstructions under the unit's cover, and in the
Error Message: Paper out -- > Load paper in the sheet
feeder and press the Color Copy button.
Solution: Load paper in the sheet feeder, and then press the Color Copy button
to continue printing.
Error Message: Scanner unit open -- > close the scanner unit
Solution: Carefully close the scanner and press it down until it clicks
securely into place.
Error Message: Scanner error -- > See your documentation and call service if
Solution: Press the ON button to turn off the Epson Stylus CX3200. Unlock the
transportation lock, if necessary. If it is already unlocked, toggle the lock
back and forth, 5-10 times. Turn on your Stylus CX3200 again.
Printer error -- > See your documentation and call service if necessary.
Solution: Press the ON button to turn off the Epson Stylus CX3200. Disconnect
it from power, and then reconnect it to power. Press the ON button to turn on
the Stylus CX3200.
Epson 777 will not print. No paper jam. Power light flashing; red error light on steady. Paper does not feed; if paper supply is placed deeper in feed, entire paper supply (about 12 sheets) feeds thru as one sheet normally would , without printing.
Hi there have you tryed to to see if the paper is jamed if not them try to take the ink cartriage out to give the cartriage head a clean with a tissue then reinsert the cartriage back in. if that dont work then uninstalll and reinstall the printer drivers.
"Turn the printer on while holding down both the ink and paper buttons. When the paper light flashes release both buttons", then hold down the ink button for approx. half a minute until the printer lights flash again then release it. That resets the printer.”