Question about Relisys TL 766 Monitor
Menu keeps popping up in middle of screen and I can't get it off.bought 2nd hand but only 3 months old, no manual with it.
I have a Dell E171FPB monitor that had the
same problem with the Main Menu coming up and I thought I would tell you
what I did to fix the problem.
1. I shut down the PC.
2. I removed the power cable and video cable from the back of the monitor.
3. I removed the four screws that hold the stand for the monitor and slid the stand off.
4. I then removed the 5 screws that hold the back cover on the monitor.
5. I took two flat blade screw drivers and carefully removed the back cover.
At the bottom of the monitor case, there is a small circuit board the holds the 6 switches for controlling the display.
6. I located the button that calls up the Main Menu. It is the second switch from the left as you are looking at the monitor from the rear.
7. I used a small solder iron and heated up the four prongs in sequence while holding the switch with a pair of needle nose pliers. I had to rotate this process from one prong to the other while all the time applying slight pulling pressure on the switch pulling it away from the circuit board.
8. Once the switch was removed, I put the cover back on and tightened up the five screws.
9. Then I slid the base back in the slot it came from and tightened the four screws.
10. I connected the video and power cable and turned on the PC.
With the switch removed the Main Menu never popped up again and I am so very happy.
Posted on May 30, 2008
I have connected to clips on the far left and far right menu buttons, so the buttons are pressed in all the time and it has worked. No more menu pop ups. Hope this helps.
Posted on Mar 24, 2008
Ok i think i know how to get rid of it now, i did an ATX reset on it
and it does go away HOWEVER as soon as you push the menu button again
it comes back.
ATX Reset: unplug the main power lead then hold down the power button on the front of the monitor for about 10 seconds, plug the mains lead back in and then switch the monitor on.
Posted on Mar 24, 2008
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 18, 2016 | Relisys Computers & Internet
Jul 03, 2010 | Relisys TL 766 Monitor
Jan 18, 2010 | Relisys TL 766 Monitor
Dec 29, 2009 | Relisys TL 766 Monitor
Oct 17, 2009 | Relisys TL 766 Monitor
Oct 15, 2008 | Relisys TL 766 Monitor
Nov 25, 2007 | Relisys TL 766 Monitor
310 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: