Question about Microwave Ovens
I have an oster microwave oven with grill, I need to change the light blub.
The lamp is located under the stainless top cover of the microwave which unscrews from the back and sides, the bottom corners in the back have special torx screws which are meant to thwart you from removing them but a pair of locking pliers does the trick. Then under the cover on the top of the microwave there's a black elliptical shaped base with only 1 screw holding it down, that is the lamp. Pull the female spade connectors from the lamp, unscrew it and take it out. Oster has about the worst customer service around so i have not verified that they will sell a replacement lamp but if you can find a 20W 120V replacement with spade connectors that will do.
Posted on Feb 14, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 24, 2018 | Microwave Ovens
Mar 02, 2015 | Oster OGB61101 1.1 Cubic Foot 1000-Watt...
Hello - This may or may not be specifically for your model, however these are generics instructions that I found.
To replace the light bulb to the over the range microwave you will need to follow the steps below:
1. To replace light bulb, first disconnect power to the microwave oven at the circuit breaker panel or by unplugging.
2. Remove the vent grill mounting screws.
3. Pull the vent grill away from the unit.
4. Remove the charcoal filter by pushing it inwards, then turn and pull it away from the unit.
5. Open light cover located behind filter mounting by carefully pulling up on the front edge.
6. Remove old light bulb and replace only with equivalent 30 watt bulb available from part distributor. Bulbs are also available at most hardware stores or lighting centers.
7. Replacing the microwave oven light cover by carefully pushing into place. Replace the charcoal filter. Push the vent grill back into place (engaging both the bottom and top tabs) and replace the vent grill mounting screws.
Note: DO NOT USE BULB LARGER THAN 30 WATTS.
Oct 27, 2012 | Frigidaire FMV152K Microwave Oven
Apr 21, 2012 | Oster OGB61101 Microwave Oven
Jun 22, 2009 | Oster 0.7 Cu. Ft. Compact Microwave
Apr 27, 2009 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
Sep 14, 2008 | Microwave Ovens
Mar 27, 2008 | Microwave Ovens
219 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!