An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.
An expert who has answered 20 questions.
Re: Help! New ink instaalled, both lights flash back and...
Hi there have you tryed to to see if the paper is jamed if not them try to take the ink cartriage out to give the cartriage head a clean with a tissue then reinsert the cartriage back in. if that dont work then uninstalll and reinstall the printer drivers.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I hope this will help you :)
* Green Power light flashes- The printer is receiving a print job, replacing an ink cartridge, charging ink, or cleaning the print head.
* RED paper light is On- If the CD/DVD try guide is open, close the CD/DVD tray guide, load paper, then press the paper button.
Your paper ran out or multiple sheets loaded at the same time . Load paper and press the paper butoon to resume printing.
* RED paper light flashes- Paper is jammed in the printer. Press the paper button to eject the jammed paper. If the light is still flashing , open the cover and remove all paper, including any jammed or torn pieces. Then reload paper and press the paper button to continue printing.
* RED Ink Light Flashes - One or more cartridges are low on ink. Check the message that appears on your screen to determine which cartridge is low, or follow the instructions in " Checking the Ink Supply". Make sure you have a replacement cartridge.
* RED Ink Light is ON- One or more cartridges are out of ink or not installed. If you have just installed a new cartridge, it may be incomaptible with the printer or incorrectly installed. Reinstall it or replace it with the correct cartridge
* RED Ink and RED paper lights flash alternately- The CD/DVD tray guide was left open when you turned on the printer or when printing on paper. Just simply close it/
* Green Power Light is Off; RED paperand RED Ink Lights flashing- Paper may be blocking movement of the print head. Turn off the printer, then open the cover and remove any jammed paper or other foreign objects. Turn the printer back on again. Or it may have an internal error. Turn off the printer, wait a few seconds, then turn it on again.
I managed to find an excellent resource that should help you solve your problem.
Try the suggestions given here
i would start with "holding both paper and ink buttons then powering on untill the paper light flashes and then holding the ink button for 10 secs"
Let me know if this helped.
Are you using HP's genuine cartridge and paper? Both have been designed together to work, maximizing the ink flow for efficiency and reliability. If you use a third party paper or ink, you will have a problem 50% of the time. Sometime you'll get lucky. HP recommends you use the genuine stuff, not just because they want your business, but because they want your printer to work.
Lights flashing alternately means that your printer's waste ink pad is saturated. It needs to be replaced and reset the counter. To reset the waste ink pad counter you will need a resetting program. You may download it by going to this link:
I can't tell you how you could find out on you Mac as I've never used one with my C86 but I can tell you that you can translate the light flashing into a more meaningful "message" by observing the patterns.
Paper & Ink lights flashing alternately (power light off) = service required (ie: waste pads need replacing) .
Ink light flashing = ink cartridge is empty or printhead is in the exchange position. Try pressing the ink button once (don't hold it down) and see if it moves to the exchange position or moves back to park. .
paper light flashing = paper jam or no paper in feed.. Remove a jam or feed it with paper as required then press the paper button .
Power light flashing = printer is busy... If it's doing nothing trying pulling the power lead out of the back of the printer, wait 5 seconds and then plug it back in, turn it back on. This should clear any error. .
Both ink and paper lights flashing (together) = General error.. This could be anything from a serious paper jam, loose wire in the printer, parking station disconnect or similar..
Hopefully that will give you something to go on and get you working again... As far as software information goes, someone else may be able to help but chances are Epson's own support site will have some software called Status monitor or similar for your operating system which may help.
You're absolutely right - E5 means that the ink is empty (or that the ink can't be loaded for some other reason, such as an incompatible cartridge or improper installation)
For your reference, here is the complete list of error codes for the MP150 with brief descriptions:
E2 No paper (ASF) E3 Paper jam E4 No ink E5 The ink cartridges are not installed or a non-supported ink cartridge is installed, or the ink cartridges are not installed properly E8 Waste ink absorber full, or platen waste ink absorber full E9 The connected digital camera / video camera does not support Camera-Direct Printing E14 The Ink cartridges whose destination are wrong E15 Ink cartridge is not installed E16 - Ink remaining is unknown E16 -E19 Failed to scan head alignment sheet E22 Carriage error E23 Paper feed error E24 Purge unit error E25 ASF(cam) sensor error E26 Internal temperature rise error E27 Waste ink absorber full or platen waste ink absorber full E28 Ink cartridge temperature rise error - E29 EEPROM error E33 Paper feed position error E35 15 USB Host VBUD overcurrent error E37 17 Abnormal motor driver error E40 20 Other hardware error E42 22 Scanner error
I hope this helps - please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.
if your power light is off and the paper and ink lights are flashing try this.
1. remove all the paper,
2. open the cover and check for paper jam
3. make sure the ink cartridge lid is securley in place by opening and re closing the ink cartridge lid
reclose the lid, disconnect the power supply and hold the power button for 30 seconds. reinstall the power plug and turn the printer back on.
Turn the printer off. Open the cover and check for any foreign objects that can cause your print head not to move. Check if you have put the ink cartridges correctly and make sure that the cover for the ink tray is closed. Turn the printer on, if your going to see the same status of the lights, it will be a hardware issue.
Contact Epson Technical Support.
United States Phone Number: (562)276-7525 Hours: Mon.- Fri. 6AM-8PM (PT) Sat. 7AM-4PM (PT)