- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
well sir this kind of indication TENDS to pertain on the ink pad that needs to be replaced. for you to extensively use the product, download an ink pad reset utility on the epson website. it should give you all of the information you need. www.epson.com/ipr is the site.
More info is needed. Does the printer print normally from Windows programs? Is the "microstation" running under Windows, or if not, what operating system? If it's not a standard operating system that has C62 drivers (DOS, Windows, Linux, Mac), you will have to write your own driver I'm afraid. Let me know.
1. Open START, SETTINGS, CONTROL PANEL, PRINTERS 2. Right click on your Epson printer name, and click CANCEL ALL DOCUMENTS. 3. Confirm cancelling all documents. 4. Right click on the Printer again, and select DELETE.
1) Click on START, SETTINGS and CONTROL PANEL. 2) Double click on the SYSTEM folder and select the Device Manager tab. 3) Click on the "+" for "Universal Serial Bus Controller" 4) Right click on "USB Printing Support" and select "Uninstall" and confirm it 5) Disconnect the USB cable and reconnect it.