Question about Televison & Video
First, make sure the DVD Recorder is completely disconnected from the Main Supply.
Then, if you look on the base of the unit, (just underneath the front of the Disc Insert/Eject Tray), there is a small slot, (approx 25 x 8mm), in which you can see a small, white, plastic lever probably situated near the right-hand side of the slot.
Then move this lever gently to the left, and then turn it on and the tray opens by pushing the button.
Posted on May 01, 2008
It's not exactly a solution, but I eventually managed to get the drawer open after continuously trying the open/close button. Once it was opened, I gave the drawer a good clean and used compressed air to blow out any debris/dust inside. I inserted a disc and worked it open/closed a few times. I still get a blocked message when there is no disc inserted, so I leave a disc in at all times and every couple of days I work the drawer open/closed a couple of times.
Posted on Mar 07, 2009
Thanks. Indeed, it works. I my case I have some thick fat on the belt.
And now I have no "Blocked" indication anymore. It opens and closes normal.
Posted on Jan 05, 2014
My Philips Recorder DVD/HD DVDR725H shows bloqued, i did manage to take the dvd out, but stil the door doesn´t open or close, nether plays any dvd. Help me please
Posted on Sep 28, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I had the same problem with a comparable device. It turned out that the drive belt that operates the ejection mechanism wears out or breaks.
To get at it you need to do the following:
1. remove device cover
2. remove the identification cover on the front of the DVD tray. This may be tricky if you can't open the tray. You need to find a way, because otherwise you can't remove the DVD unit, at least not on my unit.
3. remove the DVD unit by detaching the cables and removing four screws.
4. remove the two top screws on the DVD unit
5. remove the front top cover of the DVD unit by pushing the two tabs on the top of the unit, near the front.
6. Now remove the tray, by pulling it out as far as it goes and then pressing two tabs on either side of the tray. These tabs look like this:
7. Now you get at the drive belt. Originally it was black; I replaced it (temporarily) with a red one in the picture below:
8. Now put everything back together.
Posted on Aug 21, 2009
dvd player keeps saying no disc when I try to play a dvd.what can i do? worked fine until about 3 months ago. started to say no disc when disc inserted but after opening and closing 3 to 6 times it would read.now it just wont read. any ideas?
Posted on Oct 13, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
May 19, 2012 | Televison & Video
Oct 12, 2009 | Cyberhome CH-DVD 300 DVD Player
Mar 13, 2009 | Sony OPEN BOX SLV-DP550P DVD/VCR Combo...
Jan 25, 2008 | Panasonic DMR-ES25 DVD Recorder
Nov 26, 2007 | Pioneer DV-C503 Multi-disc DVD Player
Feb 11, 2007 | kawasaki SVP500 Multi-disc DVD Player
3,016 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!