Question about Lexmark X6170 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Cartridge Error 50C consult user guide
I was copying the back side of my insurance card when the printer made a noise like strating to copy. It didn't copy. It displayed an error: Cartridge Error. 50C consult user guide
Cartridge Error 50C
Your print cartridge has shorted.
1. Power off your All-in-One and unplug it.
2. Plug in your All-in-One again and turn it on.
3. Uninstall and then reinstall your cartridges.
4. If this does not resolve the issue, try the troubleshooting steps for the other cartridge errors below.
Error: Black Cartridge Missing
The black cartridge is not installed. (Install cartridge PN 82)
Error: Color Cartridge Missing
The color cartridge is not installed (Install cartridge PN 83)
Complete the following instructions:
1. Power off your All-in-One.
2. Use both hands to lift up the scanner unit until the scanner support holds it open.
3. Turn the All-in-One on. The print cartridge carrier moves and stops at the loading position, unless the All-in-One is busy.
4. Remove the color print cartridge.
5. Lower the scanner unit until it is completely closed.
6. If the error message reappears, replace the black print cartridge with a new print cartridge.
If it does not repeat steps 1-3 and then go to step 7.
7. Reinstall the color cartridge and remove the black print cartridge.
8. Lower the scanner unit until it is completely closed.
9. If the error message occurs again, replace the color cartridge.
10. If an error message reappears, repeat steps 1-3 and reinstall both print cartridges.
11. Lower the scanner unit until it is completely closed.
12. If you receive the error message again, replace both cartridges.
Posted on Mar 15, 2008
I need to up grade the X6100 software to meet window vista requirements so I can use my printer
Posted on Aug 28, 2008
The cartridge has a short in it and needs to be exchanged for a non-defective one.
Posted on Feb 02, 2008
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 20, 2011 | Lexmark X5150 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Apr 16, 2011 | Lexmark X5150 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Feb 24, 2011 | Lexmark X6150 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jul 15, 2010 | Lexmark X5150 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jul 05, 2010 | Lexmark X6150 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Jun 29, 2010 | Lexmark X6170 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Mar 23, 2010 | Lexmark X6170 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Nov 10, 2009 | Lexmark X6170 All-In-One InkJet Printer
May 11, 2009 | Lexmark X6100 Flatbed Scanner
Dec 02, 2007 | Lexmark X6170 All-In-One InkJet Printer
7,596 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!