Question about Dell DJ MP3 Player
Does anyone have a solution to this problem of PC or Laptop not recognizing USB connection to the Dell DJ MP3?
Go into your Start Menu and right click on My Computer and choose "Properties" from the menu. Click on the Hardware tab on the new window that opened. Select Device Manager. Check to see if your device is recognized under Windows Portable Devices. If your device is not recognized here,what i would recommend you to do is to uinstall the device.
To uninstall the devid just right click on the device name and hit uninstall...the device usually listed under disk drives, portable devices and univeral serial bus controllers.. Once you uninstall the device..you will need to make sure what mode you have the device...turn the device on and click under setting and look for usb mode...then you want to make sure its under MTP mode or Auto....then what you will want to do is to plug the device on that back of the computer not the front...then windows should recognize it...if that doesnt do it you will need to contact the manufacturer of the device.
3. Open Windows Media Player and go to the Sync section. It should be recognized on the right-hand side. If it is not, or if your device has a drive letter after its name (for example F :), your device is not being properly recognized by the computer and you will have to contact the manufacturer of the device.
4. If it is seen in Windows Media Player then disconnect the Device and close all programs.
Next we are going to make sure that Windows Media Player is not storing unnecessary information about your device:
1. Open Windows Media Player.
2. Maximize the program and choose the Tools > Options menu.
3. Click on the Privacy Tab in the open window and choose "Clear Caches" and "Clear History".
4. Re-connect your device and choose "Manual" and "Permanent" on the window that opens.
5. Close Windows Media Player.
I hope that help...
**Please rate accordingly...**
Posted on Jan 29, 2008
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 15, 2014 | Dell Pocket DJ MP3 Player
Mar 05, 2011 | Dell DJ MP3 Player
Jul 12, 2009 | Dell DJ MP3 Player
Jun 02, 2009 | Dell Inspiron 6400 Notebook
Apr 21, 2009 | Dell Inspiron 1521 Laptop
Apr 18, 2009 | Dell DJ MP3 Player
Jan 28, 2009 | Dell DJ MP3 Player
Jan 15, 2008 | Dell DJ MP3 Player
Nov 23, 2013 | Dell DJ MP3 Player
279 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!