- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
There can be following 3 problems.
1. USB driver on your laptop. If the driver on your laptop is not installed then it won't work. Confirm by putting any other usb peripheral.
2. USB cable is U/S. try change it.
3. Communication port on your mobile is U/S try to attach another mobile through same cable and check. If faulty then you have to replace the connector.
Incorrect, computers have no security measures for USB. Plug the USB device in without ActiveSync running and listen for some sort of jingle and look for any information balloons in the bottom right.
If it jingles and says "searching for drivers", your device is fine and Windows is finding it fine. In which case, it's going to be an ActiveSync configuration issue.
If it jingles in a somewhat "uh-oh" tone and says "windows does not recognise this device", you're USB device's USB interface is faulty.
If it does not jingle at all, you may have faulty USB ports.
What would help would be to tell me your Operating System type. Windows...?
Check your USB ports with another device like a flash drive.
Reset your USB ports:
Here is what you can do to refresh the USB ports: 1. Right click MY COMPUTER 2. Select PROPERTIES 3. Select HARDWARE 4. Select DEVICE MANAGER 5. Select UNIVERSAL SERIAL BUS CONTROLLERS 6. Right click on each USB CONTROLLER and select Uninstall 7. Uninstall all entries 8. Reboot your computer 9. As your computer re-boots it will reinstall all USB connections it detects THEN, when all other USB items have been configured and connected by the system, you then should try connecting your USB drive.
If your USB ports are working, download and install the new version of Destop Manager and HotSync @
Normally for when you connect any device to pc using USB port, windows detects it. Sometime it may take time.
Few initial things you may check....
1) You must have your PDA in ON condition
2) If PDA is not getting connected on port, try connecting to other USB port (assuming that pc normally have more than one USB port)
3) Make sure the cable that you are using between PDA to PC is working properly (normally you can check this by using other cable)
4) If you have intalled some anti virus program on your pc then check the settings of same.
5) last but not least check the settings of window's firewall (part of OS)
If everything of above is fine then either USB ports of pc or of PDA might not be working.
Firstly You Need To Go In To Phone Settings Then Down To Connectivity Then You Go To USB Connection Mode Switch To Mass Storage. Then Put Your USB Lead In. Let The Computer Install The Drivers Wait A Few Minutes.
Then Removable Disk J (Normaly J If Not It Will Another One) Then Auto Play Will Pop Up And Your Able To Get To All The Stuff On Your Phone
This could be due to a few issues, try these soloutions in order below:
1) If you have a jacket connected to the ipaq it could be preventing the ipaq from locating correctly on the connector. Remove jacket and try insering again.
2) Check that active sync is set up to detect the device on the usb port. The cradle for the ipaq may have a serial and usb connector. Ensure that just the usb connector is attached to your laptop. Try connecting again.
3) You may need to uninstall the USB cradle if it was connected before installing active sync. Try the following steps if this was the case:
a) unplug the USB cradle
b) uninstall active sync
c)Click start then click control pannel then click system. Then click on the hardware tab.
Look for the device under USB, right click on the device and then select uninstall.
d) restart the laptop
e) Install active sync
f) ONLY after active sync has installed you can now plug the cradle back into the usb socket.
g) Now connect the ipaq, it should now detect it.
Uninstall all the software you just installed and do not connect the usb device until you again run the install from OZ-590A CD. When it does not find a USB device then connect USB and it should detect it. If you don't do it in that order you won't get a connection. It should come up on COM7.