How do I find my HP 5610 network printer (Windows) on my MACbook?
I print easily from my PC notebook but cannot get started on my (new) MACbook! None of the MAC help windows seem to recognize my problem. The wireless network works fine for internet connections, but I get nowhere with the print winows! Any pointers or solutions?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Try printing whatever you were wanting to print but click the drop down arrow right next to the printer selection tab. Then you should see a drop down menu about halfway down the menu, click it and select print settings. You should see another drop down menu called color, just click it and change it from grayscale to color.
Hope this helps,
The antennas in the Macbook Pros have had an issue with reception due to the aluminum housing of the laptop but, should still receive decent reception just not as much as a plastic Macbook or plastic PC laptop. It could be possible that the antenna's cables have become disconnected from the Airport Extreme card inside your Macbook Pro, that the card itself is faulty or damaged or that the Antennas themselves have been damaged in some way. As always make sure you have the latest updates and have installed any driver updates from Apple regarding your Airport Extreme card. Here's an article that may help eliminate any wireless interference that may be affecting your signal strength. Apple - Wireless Interference hope this helps, if so don't forget to comment, vote, etc. Thank you.
I have a wireless Mac ,version osX.4.11. I have a Colorsmart HP Priner 4100. I have created documents in IWorks Pages. I can not print directly. I have to save the doc as a PDF email, email to myself, go to Safari, then the printer will print. What am I doing wrong?????
Just to recap - This is the problem: Printer is hooked up to Vista PC and I'm trying to print from my MacBook Pro with Leopard.
Before doing this, be sure to check that the exceptions on your firewall are set to enable "File and Printer Sharing".
1) Go to the Vista PC as the administrator user and find the Network and Sharing Center in your Control Panel. 2) You want to turn on everything under Sharing and Discovery EXCEPT for Password protected sharing. 3) You can now close this screen and go to Printers (also in the Control Panel) 4) Find the printer you want to share, and right-click. 5) Click "Sharing" 6) You want to enable this printer to be shared on the network. 7) Click Apply and OK. 8) Go to your Mac and install the software for your printer driver on the mac. If you don't have the software, you can search the website of the vendor (aka HP, Lexmark, Samsung) to find the driver that is right for you. 9) If you allowed sharing correctly, you can go to finder and see that the vista computer will be in your sidebar. 10) Close the finder window and open up System Preferences. Select Print and Fax. 11) In the toolbar, you'll find an option for "Windows". Click it. 12) The workgroup from the Vista PC should show up. Click it and follow the hiearchy down to the printer. 13) At this point, you'll probably be prompted to use put in your mac password. Do that. 14) Seach for your newly installed printer driver in the popup window (matches up with the make and model of your printer). Hit continue and follow the directions.
15) If all goes well, then happy printing. :) If not, I would download Network Magic.
I just put this up because I just figured it out after 4 hours... and it's FREE. :)