Question about Computers & Internet
I have a webserver app that will crash when run on port 80. I am now running it on 1025 and it seems to work fine, but I need to run it on 80, but everytime I switch it to port 80 the application will crash within 30 mins. I am running this on a windows 2003 sp1 machine. There is no firewall to block 80. Does anyone have any suggestions?
A couple of questions for you...
1) What do you mean by 'crash'? How do you know its crashed?
2) Can you look in the Windows Event Viewer to see if there are any warning/error messages in the Application or System logs around the time of the starting or crashing of your web site on port 80? If so, anything that suggests the issue. If you don't understand the errors, try posting some of them here.
3) Is there any other web server running on port 80? If your running Internet Information Server, open the Internet Information Server Manager (mmc) console and click on "Web Sites" and it should list all the sites in the right pane. If you have anything 'running' on port 80, it will conflict.
4) Are you running Apache or any other web server on the system? If so, you're going to need to look at those configurations as well.
5) How about any other applications that might have a built in web server?
Let me know.
Posted on Feb 02, 2008
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 29, 2012 | Smcd3gn-res Wireless Router Cable Modem...
Oct 23, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Jun 13, 2017 | Encore ENHWI-N Router
Mar 09, 2009 | Microsoft Windows 2000 Advanced Server
Jan 31, 2009 | D-Link ADSL2/2+ Modem/Wireless Router...
Feb 14, 2008 | Belkin (F5D6230-3) Wireless Router
Oct 26, 2007 | Actiontec GT704WG Wireless Router...
162 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!