Question about Canon MX300 Office All-In-One Printer
Im getting the error check printer 5100
i'm presuming this is something to do with cartridges not in properly..
can you confirm this?
Verify that all your cartridges are in properly first.
Try cleaning the encoder/timing strip. It is the plastic strip that runs the length of the printer behind the cartridge carriage, it is full of little black vertical lines. I've also seen that the strip can move out of place, make sure it is centered in it's slot.
Also check the gear that are visible with the printer open, look for an obstruction, use a flashlight it helps. Also look for a stuck piece of paper somewhere, it may be hard to find but look very carefully.
Also try a reset may work:
1. Turn off printer
2. Hold down Resume button and press Power button.
3. Keep holding down Power button and let Resume button go.
4. Press Resume button 2 times then let BOTH buttons go.
5. Green lights will flash and then stop blinking.
6. When green lights are solid, press the Resume button 4 times.
7. Press the Power button and the printer should turn off, if not,
press the Power button once more.
8. Your printer should respond as normal.
If non of this works, try printer a test page from the printer and let me know if that works OK.
Posted on Jan 14, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 13, 2011 | Canon MX300 Office All-In-One Printer
Oct 28, 2010 | Printers & Copiers
Oct 21, 2010 | Canon PIXMA MX300 All-in-One Printer
Jul 29, 2010 | Canon MX300 Office All-In-One Printer
Jun 05, 2010 | Canon MX300 Office All-In-One Printer
May 18, 2010 | Canon MX300 Office All-In-One Printer
Feb 01, 2010 | Canon MX300 Office All-In-One Printer
Oct 22, 2009 | Canon MX300 Office All-In-One Printer
257 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: