Question about Sewing Machines
I'm trying to figure out how to wind the bobbin for this sewing machine.
Can anybody help me?
Thanks so much.
Wind the Bobbin
For the usual jobs, it is the best to use a medium sized thread.
2. Disengage the flywheel by unscrewing the coupling knob as far as it will go.
3. Place the bobbin on the bobbin winder, and push the bobbin winder to the right.
4. Pull out one of the spool pins and place the spool of thread on it.
5. Pass the thread through the bobbin winder tension discs, as indicated.
6. Wind the end of the thread around the bobbin by hand, in the direction indicated.
7. Wind the bobbin, at a medium speed by pressing lightly with a finger on the spool so as to stretch the thread better and thus fill the bobbin to a maximum. The full bobbin stops automatically.
8. Re-engage the flywheel by tightening the coupling knob.
9. Cut the thread and remove the bobbin from the bobbin winder by pushing the latter to the left.
Posted on Aug 23, 2008
SOURCE: bobbin filling on Singer 626
The Singer 626 has a self-winding bobbin. You place the empty bobbin in the bobbin thingie (sorry for being so untechnical). On the left of the bobbin you will see a "lever" with a circular top on it (I think it is red-ish) Again, sorry for being so untechnical. Press the "lever" down. Thread your machine, thread the needle, wrap the excess thread from the needle around the knob that tightens the needle and holds it in place and press your foot down on the foot pedal. The bobbin will automatically wind as you hold the foot pedal down. Do not wind the thread onto the bobbin past the outer white line.
Posted on Sep 29, 2008
hi! there wind thread on bobbins winder 4 times by your hand rotate clockwise,insert in shaft bobiins winder on top of your machine near hand wheel push latch to engage loop thread on disc winder tension start your machine on pedal foot automatically winder disengage if already filled up of thead pull this winder and insert to bobbins casing insert thread to slot and pull out winder should rotate clockwise as shown.insert on shuttle hook casing and close cover needle plate.next thread your upper
threading tension as shown on red threading from spool pull threading and loop to dial tension threading and insert thread to lever needle and to needle hole tip. pull tread under the needle foot and feeder tooth.rotate hand wheel counter clockwise to hook up thread bobbibs and appear at top of needle plate,teo thread shoul appear,set dial tension to # 3 and stich to # 8 range to # 12 depend on fabric and layer of fabrics and set on straight stich sewing,let needle on upper position insert fabric for trial sewiing.put down foot needle lever. manually by hand rotate for assurance needle is free to sew if obtruction on loop bobbins thread occurs adjust all tension gradually then try again until free from sewing w/o problem star sewing.
Posted on Mar 18, 2009
Posted on Jan 23, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 05, 2016 | Singer Sewing Machines
Feb 28, 2016 | Singer Sewing Machines
Dec 13, 2015 | Singer Sewing Machines
Sep 14, 2015 | Singer Sewing Machines
Mar 30, 2015 | Singer Sewing Machines
Nov 09, 2012 | Singer 7258 Sewing Machine
Jul 01, 2009 | Singer 8280 Mechanical Sewing Machine
Jun 21, 2009 | Singer 7442 Mechanical Sewing Machine
Aug 17, 2008 | Sewing Machines
604 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!