Question about Nintendo Wii Console
I get this code whenever i try to test my connection with my new usb adapter
Your Wiii console needs to be sent back to Nintendo for repair. They told me that there were a 'batch' of consoles sold around Christmas 2007 that will exhibit this error and need to be returned. The error comes up when you try to test your wifi connection.
Posted on Jan 22, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 22, 2011 | Nintendo Wii Console
Jun 04, 2011 | Nintendo Wii Console
Apr 03, 2011 | Nintendo Wii Console
Apr 01, 2011 | Nintendo Wii Console
The Wii console is not able to connect to your wired router or modem.
1. If your connection worked previously, check to see if there is a Wii System Update that you have not aquired. To get the latest Wii System Update:
From the Wii's main menu, select the Wii icon along the bottom left of the screen.
Select "Wii Settings".
Click the left arrow to get to Wii System Settings 3
Choose "Wii System Update"
Choose "Yes" to connect to the internet and perform a Wii system update.
2. Make sure that you are using the Wii LAN Adapter made by Nintendo (click here for a picture and connection steps). LAN adapters not made by Nintendo likely will not work with the Wii console.
3. Check to make sure you are not running the Wii LAN Adapter from a USB hub (a device that connects multiple USB products through a single device), as this will likely not work. Connect the USB Connector directly to the modem or router.
4. Ensure that the Wii LAN Adapter setup is correct, and that the Wii LAN Adapter was connected with the console turned off. For step by step connection instructions, please click here.
5. Check to see if the ethernet cable you are using is not working properly, by connecting another ethernet cable from your router/modem to the Wii LAN Adapter. If the connection works using a different cable, then the problem was with the first cable.
6. If possible, try another Wii LAN Adapter. If you are unable to try another Wii LAN Adapter, or are still receiving this error code, please call 1-800-255-3700 for assistance.
For any help click here
Jan 04, 2011 | Nintendo Video Game Consoles
Jul 06, 2010 | Nintendo Wii Console
May 17, 2010 | Nintendo Wii Console
Dec 26, 2009 | Nintendo Wii Console
Dec 08, 2009 | Nintendo Wii Console
Mar 09, 2009 | Nintendo Wii Console
45 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!